Quantcast

Fontanarama

stephanie

Monkey
Dec 7, 2005
East County via East Coast
the rumors are true. the flyer in the mail touts it as "mountain biking's urban assault" :rolleyes:

seriously, though, i've heard that the dh course will be pretty technical. i'm not so sure about how the 4X has shaped up, though. since a lot of the pros will be over in spain for worlds, this might be my best shot at a decent finish for the season.

i know lots of people going, and i think you can pretty much count the locals in.

THEDUDE

Chimp
Dec 27, 2003
I'm wanting to attend The NORBA at Fontana CA but I've been having some troubles locating proper accommodations. All I have been able to find are hotels by the hour and or Weekly. Is this race in a bad area?

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
THEDUDE said:
I'm wanting to attend The NORBA at Fontana CA but I've been having some troubles locating proper accommodations. All I have been able to find are hotels by the hour and or Weekly. Is this race in a bad area?
its out in bum fyck egypt thats why...

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
I'll be there on Friday, possibly Thursday. Either way, I'll be drunk enough to forget I'm in Fontana. If anyone needs a place to stay, I have a floor and/or a bed...in Pomona

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Oh, by the way Eigil, you owe me royalties (in the form of mildly alcoholic beverages) for the use of the term "Fontanarama". I'll PM you my mailing address.

Eigil

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
East County
amateur said:
Oh, by the way Eigil, you owe me royalties (in the form of mildly alcoholic beverages) for the use of the term "Fontanarama". I'll PM you my mailing address.
I'll pay you in person, ala 21 years old.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Any info on the parking situation around the park? I assume the dirt area where we normally park/camp out will probably be taken up by the "expo" or as pit area.

Eigil, nice sig. I like it.

stephanie

Monkey
Dec 7, 2005
i think you're right...where we normally park will be tech/expo, though the grassy area toward the back (near the normal dh finish) may be available. across the street, down the street....anywhere you can fit a car?!

i'm going to get out to the venue super early thursday anyway for practice, so hopefully i'll score a good spot

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Bicyclist said:
Is there anywhere to camp? Gotta make quick plans...
My backyard. Just sleep in your car/truck/tent. Fontana is a nice area, no one is going to hassle you if you can in a strip mall parking lot :rofl:

stephanie

Monkey
Dec 7, 2005
For Bicyclist:

The brochure that got mailed out (and I'm quoting here):

"Self-contained RV parking will be allowed on-site for free. Absolutely NO TENT CAMPING will be allowed."

As for the parking lot across the street...???

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
stephanie said:
"Self-contained RV parking will be allowed on-site for free. Absolutely NO TENT CAMPING will be allowed."
Got a pickup?

Park your truck in the RV section, setup your tent, then drop your tent in the bed and BOOM! Instant RV! :cool:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Damn, I guess I'll just get a hotel. Phuck. This is going to be harder than I thought. Hooray for last minute planners like myself!

stephanie

Monkey
Dec 7, 2005
I've heard from a few people who have been practicing the course today...here's some scoop...

the expert/pro dh course goes off the front of the hill (as usual).

lots of rocks

initial impression: "sick" and "wish there were more fontucky races with this kind of course"

rock double at the bottom

bottom rock garden (one before you pedal the wall) is in

not sure about the rest of the wall yet

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
Im heading down tonight after work around 7 from SB. If anyone needs a ride from the area, give me a call at (951)265-6393. I have enough room for one more bike, and wouldnt mind sharing some gas money. My parents live in Murrieta (where I am staying) but I would be willing to drop people off along the way.

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
stephanie said:
I've heard from a few people who have been practicing the course today...here's some scoop...

the expert/pro dh course goes off the front of the hill (as usual).

lots of rocks

initial impression: "sick" and "wish there were more fontucky races with this kind of course"

rock double at the bottom

bottom rock garden (one before you pedal the wall) is in

not sure about the rest of the wall yet
I went to the course on Sunday, it looked as if the bottm section after the wall had been groomed.....which means it's possible the wall might be run. Hopefully someone can confim all this soon.

I won't be going out there till Sat. maybe fri afternoon.

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
So, is the beg/sport course going to be weak? This will be my second race, but I do like to ride more techy advanced stuff. I dont want to ride sport and then be dissapointed with the course. Suggestions?

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
I prerode the XC course yesterday, and in my travels I saw the finish line for the DH in the normal spot.....indicating the wall is a go :clue:

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
There is a sport/beg course that if you have raced at fontana u have raced this course, the expert/pro course is pretty cool with that rock waterfall and some steep rock sections. the 4x is flat and sandy w/ a few jumps, but there are some good burms. The wall is part of the course

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Bicyclist said:
Have fun with the lame organization and course that's the same as the winter series!
It's a completely new course that is technical and fast, the wall is still part of the course. I guess you don't pedal much in your riding, because everybody has to ride it. So far the organization has been above par and very efficient.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Bicyclist said:
Have fun with the lame organization and course that's the same as the winter series!
just shut up, its a sick course thats pretty technical, and everything is very organized. the 4x qualifying and race started right on time. and I have never seen that before, parking is easy, and the pits are set up nice. I cant wait till tomorrow

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
I enjoyed the 4X. :)

That left hand double stepdown into the tight loose berm had tons of people nervous.