Quantcast

Fontucky SuperD

Winston

Chimp
Feb 17, 2006
Irvine, CA
The last Super D race went off around noon or so.

My friend's daughter raced XC which took her just under 2 hours. She had a half hour break and it was time for Super D.

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
I see the results posted but I have not seen an actual race yet. Who has knowlege of this type of racing? Please tell me your Fontana SuperD experience. I'm interested in trying it but know little about the format. Thanks,

Chris

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
I see the results posted but I have not seen an actual race yet. Who has knowlege of this type of racing? Please tell me your Fontana SuperD experience. I'm interested in trying it but know little about the format. Thanks,

Chris
For the winter series it's being run in a TT format. 30 second intervals. If you're familier with the layout out there, we're starting next the tree by where the shuttle dumps you off. Head up the XC single track climb from where they turn off the road, to the top of the DH course, dropping the DH course, after the bottom rocks you turn onto the XC course by the 4x track and follow that one backwards to the finish.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
hmmmm... i'm considering racing the super dizzle this weekend.. donno why... though.. we'll see... i've gotta shoot the 4x.
you might want to take a look at the weather forecast before you make a commitment! 90 degrees and sunny on sunday!!!! :shocked:

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
For the winter series it's being run in a TT format. 30 second intervals. If you're familier with the layout out there, we're starting next the tree by where the shuttle dumps you off. Head up the XC single track climb from where they turn off the road, to the top of the DH course, dropping the DH course, after the bottom rocks you turn onto the XC course by the 4x track and follow that one backwards to the finish.
So wait, the start is actually at the water tank drop off spot? I thought it would start much lower and climb the paved road. Hmmm.. :monkey:

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
I think the race times were around 6 minutes last SD so how far can you have to go?

I'll either give it a try or have extra adult beverages and watch :clapping:

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
So wait, the start is actually at the water tank drop off spot? I thought it would start much lower and climb the paved road. Hmmm.. :monkey:
Nope water tower, you get thats little bit of a climb right off the road wher eyou drop down the side of the hill before you come back up to the tankr, then that single track climb up to the DH start, or at least that's what he's done the past couple races.