Quantcast

Fontucky World Championships 2007 Pics

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Decided to run up to the Tucky' and take a few photos, since I need to bring up my grand total of bike racing shooting up to more than 3. Oh what an event I chose to make my 2007 photo debut ;)

I had a hard time finding a 'great' looking image spot, but here is what you get for free...Don't you just love course tape???

And no, this is not spam-I do not sell crap, get money from page hits, etc...just a poser photo goon sharing some pics of other goons.

http://www.stiksandstones.com/tuckyfinals07/

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
the corner you were at for #27 onwards seems to have worked well :)

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Thanks dudes...JDD, I had to jet, my chick was in L.A. for fashion week for 4 days and is home sunday (today) only then her and Jenn leave again tomm. for another couple days-SO....had to get some wife time in as we had a date with a mtb ride here at home.

Tosh-ya, I finally was happy enough with that JDD style corner shot, bringing the big lens was a complete and utter waste of time, for me anyways.

Nice to see you JDD and thanks dudes.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Did you want to kill the 5d AF or did it end up working out for you?
I find that center focus on the 5d works pretty good, I mean, perfectly good, its just those other focus points that gets fairly unreliable for sports stuff-I like to frame out of the middle, but kinda cant with this camera-for me, maybe some dope ass pro dude that knows what they are doing can hack it, but I got spoiled by a one series.

Even though you only really need a point and shoot and a 300f4 to be cool, I still need much more than that. ;)

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
no worries. figured it was something to do w/ the wife & kid! oh boy... fashion week... that's gotta be chaotic!

Yup, DK won by 2 sec, but EC snagged the overall...

DH result...
1. David KlassenVanOorschot
2. Evan Turpen
3. Eric Carter
4. Waylon Smith
5. Cody Warren

Women DH
1. Maxine Irving... by A LOT. she was rippin! i think she bet a few SemiPro guys today!

DH Overall
1. Eric Carter
2. David K. (lost it by 10 points.. i think he said that equals out to 1 place in the results!)
3.. i think it was ET

i'll have a write up & photos on DECLINEmagazine.com in the morning, as well as post the rest of my photos up onmy website DylanDeanDesigns.com/D3photo.htm
I didn't shoot everyone, sorry, but i do have about 600 photos (4x & dh combined), so feel free to check 'em out!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Looks like Dylan found the local Military Surplus store. 2 THumbs up for the coordinated colors.

I now feel it pertinent to break out the greatest military racer quote ever made:
"Whoa, this downhill is dangerous...not as bad as combat though."

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
Looks like Dylan found the local Military Surplus store. 2 THumbs up for the coordinated colors.

I now feel it pertinent to break out the greatest military racer quote ever made:
"Whoa, this downhill is dangerous...not as bad as combat though."
haha... well that's better thank my "looking like a terrorist" comments because of my vest. but i tell ya Ogio vest rules!

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
Tellin ya man-purple vest and man capri-short-pants are where its at.
haha! funny... lawwill mentioned the same thing!

i actually emailed them up inquiring about about the "purple vest" crew... i either get no reply or get my emails bounced back.. seems like they're on the ball over there! i still wouldn't wear one... maybe at the Worlds if i had to... just figured it might make things easier for me when i attend the world cups & worlds. oh well

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
ooh ooh!!!! look at me!!!

that's what we like to call, the eye of the tiger...

PS: Thanks for the words of encouragement JDD! It was nice greeting you on the wall on my race run...

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
hahaha... I haven't bought a pair of goggles since I started riding mountain bikes. These are another pair of hand-me-downs that I manage to scratch the HELL out of with my brake lever on the way up for my race run...

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
ooh ooh!!!! look at me!!!

that's what we like to call, the eye of the tiger...

PS: Thanks for the words of encouragement JDD! It was nice greeting you on the wall on my race run...
how can you dissapoint me like that? where are your tall black socks?