Quantcast

For the SADISTIC racers

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Echo
If we have a Monkey meeting, let's be sure and have it before the race, 'cause I'll probably be dead after. :monkey:
LOL - after my first 100 miler I was in bad shape. BAD.

Gyro

Chimp
Mar 4, 2002
Slatyfork, WV
I'm probably going to do it. But, I'm also doing the wild 100, so i might decide that ultra-endurance isn't my thing. My physics teacher does the shenandoah every year, and the only thing he says about it is that i shouldn't do it because it's expensive and I have no money:p, and that it's pretty technical. But as far as i know, he does it on a single speed, so that would make it feel more technical. I'm going to start riding portions with him in the spring, so I'll post my thoughts on it along with mrbigisbudgood.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Gyro
I'm probably going to do it. But, I'm also doing the wild 100, so i might decide that ultra-endurance isn't my thing. My physics teacher does the shenandoah every year, and the only thing he says about it is that i shouldn't do it because it's expensive and I have no money:p, and that it's pretty technical. But as far as i know, he does it on a single speed, so that would make it feel more technical. I'm going to start riding portions with him in the spring, so I'll post my thoughts on it along with mrbigisbudgood.
I'm glad to hear it's technical - that's what I like about Brian Head 100, it isn't all smooth fireroads.

Bring it!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by mrbigisbudgood
Y'all should roll in a couple days early and crash at my place.
How far are ya from the race site? Sounds like a good old fashioned Monkey hoe-down could be a-brewin' :D

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by Echo
How far are ya from the race site? Sounds like a good old fashioned Monkey hoe-down could be a-brewin' :D
I'll answer a few of the questions in this post.

I'm about 2 hours from the race site. Over the Blue Ridge and across the Valley.

The area the race is in is pretty tech. Anyone who has ridden Virginia knows the roots and rocks we all love. Bring your FS bike. The map suggests that some fireroads will be used, so it won't be 100 miles of roots and rocks, thank God. But the trail that summits Little Bald Knob........bring your skills, both for the ride up and the ride down.

My friend Tim has decided to SS the race. That's right.....single speed.........what a fool.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
THOSE BUTTNUGGETS!

The Durango 100 is the SAME weekend as the Durango NCS!! WTF? That's pooooooooor planning. I can't do both!

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I'll answer a few of the questions in this post.

My friend Tim has decided to SS the race. That's right.....single speed.........what a fool.
sounds like an impressionable idiot :) double dog dare him to go rigid too
:D

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
There is a very good possibility that you will see at least a few of those in this race.

Seriously.
There is a guy who raced the Brian Head 100 on a fully rigid singlespeed, cyclocross bike, no camelbak.

He kicked ass!