Quantcast

For those of you running the Leatt brace...

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
I decided to order one for this upcoming DH season. Are any of you running it with just a backguard? I was thinking about getting one of them instead of running both the brace and an over-jersey chest protector(which don't come down as far on your back as a true backguard.) Just wondering what set-ups you guys are using with your leatts.

be350ka

Chimp
Jul 5, 2007
I am using my Leatt with a Dainese Jacket. It works out pretty well.

Initially I was concerned about it restricting my movement too much, but after riding with it for a few days I can say that it is no longer a concern. You actuallyforget that it is on.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
be350ka, thanks for those pictures, i'll have to look into Dainese. Did you put your jersey on last over the brace?

Jon, right now I have been running the brace without pads on, just over a TLD jersey... it feels most secure with the chest straps that are supplied with it, once those are tight it feels snug and i forget I even have the leatt on.

be350ka

Chimp
Jul 5, 2007
When I'm just tooling around I don't use the Dainese jacket. It fits very nicely over or under a jersey only. Just beware, the brace itself takes some time to set up. I think that I spend about an hour and a half making sure it was setup properly.

Yes, I put the jersey on last over the brace. Put the back of the jersey over the back of the brace first and then pull it over your head to fit.

I am using the straps with the jacket as well. Before putting on the armor, I tuck the straps in behind the back guard. Then I put the armor on with the brace and then strap it all up. When you do it this way (along with the jersey over top) there is little to no movement from the brace and its comfortable.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I use mine now with a 661 Core saver and it works well when you remove the top 3 back plates.

I rode all of last season with just the Leatt and no body armor, (stupid) and it fit perfectly and I never noticed it.

It's a great product and a very smart decision to use one.

jasons

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Denver CO
When using a Leatt with the new Core Saver, you may have to move the back strut of the Leatt out one position to get the same feel. It is nice because you can run it over your jersey which allows the Leatt to float a little.

skiforfree33

Monkey
Mar 15, 2007
colorado
I use mine now with a 661 Core saver and it works well when you remove the top 3 back plates.

I rode all of last season with just the Leatt and no body armor, (stupid) and it fit perfectly and I never noticed it.

It's a great product and a very smart decision to use one.
If it is possible can you put some pictures up with the Leatt and the top 3 back plates removed.

Because i was planning on just running a pressure suit with out the spine protector.

Sep 1, 2008
my leatt works perfect with my 661 body armor. and i dont think it restricts movement, but i do need to cut a hole in the back of jerseys because they usually dont wanna strech around it

DanSheridan

Chimp
Feb 7, 2009
Ireland
It took me a few days to get my leatt brace working with my core saver, but i have it working perfect now, ill post up some pics when i get back from vigo.

Oct 8, 2003
I had one all last year for moto and just started wearing mine this winter for DH. I tried so many times to make it work over the summer and never could get it right. A big part of it is what helmet you have. I tried with an Arai vx pro, sixsixone flight, TLD D2, TLD SE. None of those work for me, I got the sixsixone evo MTB helmet and it works well for me now. I run elbow pads only, no armor.... I run it with the strap and once I get into the run I dont even notice it, I actually wear it all day even driving up and down the mountain. I feel like my head is going to fall off if I ride w/o it now.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
If it is possible can you put some pictures up with the Leatt and the top 3 back plates removed.

Because i was planning on just running a pressure suit with out the spine protector.
I should have the core saver in a few weeks. I will get some pics.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
guys,

sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but do any of you have pics of the core saver with the plates removed? do they just pop out or need cutting out or anything?

cheers

Leigh
The new core savers back plates are individually held on by 3 snaps. Just pull on one of the back pieces and it snaps right off. Check 661's site for pics. Pretty cool idea I think.

I ran it for a few practice runs with my leatt club and I really liked it.

ignitor

Chimp
Feb 10, 2009
guys,

sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but do any of you have pics of the core saver with the plates removed? do they just pop out or need cutting out or anything?

cheers

Leigh
If you have an 09 one then you can pull them off but if you have a pre 09 core saver then they are riveted on and will need to be cut off.