Quantcast

For those that don't know

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
I noticed a few of you didn't know in some of the other threads, so here it goes.

On Monday I had surgery on my ACL. They replaced it using a hamstring tendon graft. This past week I have been out of work and this week I will be there intermittently.

The surgery went well, but I just can't get used to not being able to walk. I haven't had a significant amount of pain and I have actually been off the percocet for a day or so and just taking IBprofin.

I am looking forward to getting back to work and mostly DRIVING. Being stuck in Broomfield sucks.

anyhow thanks eveyone for calls and well wishes, and feel free to ask any questions about this since I am currently experiencing it.

Slick50

Chimp
Sep 8, 2001
Brunswick, ME
Glad to hear everything everything went well.

Hope you are starting to feel better.

Just be patient, I know its hard, went through the same thing myself.

There are some upcoming car events you could come out to that wouldnt require too much mobility, but would get you out of the house for awhile. Email me later and I can send you some details and dates if you afre interested.

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Josh, you know I've been there, done that, anytime you want to talk you give me a holler.

So, what are you doing with the rest of your percosets?:rolleyes:

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
I am pretty psyched today. I started using just one crutch, just around the house and the shop. Then I took a couple steps without any crutches and that was a very liberating feeling.

I think Monday or tuesday I am going to try driving my car around the neighborhood.

Thanks guys! Alex, I will email you later.

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
Originally posted by Renegade

So, what are you doing with the rest of your percosets?:rolleyes:
not to be insensitive...but i was thinking the exact same thing...

havent been down that road myself but ive seen a few people have to go through it...but yeah, ill drink to a speedy recovery...heres to you buddy...

River_Rat

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
MotionBoy - dont know if you really got into the details of your reconstruction, but what forms of fixiation did they perform on you.

The harvest of my hamstring was ~9mm - thats a whopping good chunk. My surgeon was very happy, like wise i am myself.

He used an endo button at the top and then a metal 9x28mm (i think, that or a 9x30mm) bio-interference screw in the femoral tunnel, then used 9x30mm bio-interference screw in the tibal tunnel, then to seal the deal, they used a metal screw with a lock washer on the hamstring that exited out the bottom of the tibal tunnel - which attached to my shin bone (tiba)

what did they do to you?

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Thanks guys!

I don't know all the hardware that they used. I didn't think to ask, mainly because I was recomended this doctor by so many people, friends and doctors alike!
He has done shoulder and knee surgery on several of the other doctors and PT's that I have worked with, and when I asked them why they chose him they said, "because he is GOOD"

anyhow, I go back in a couple weeks so I will ask at that point.

I am pretty psyched, I drove my car around a little today and that worked out pretty good. I have been on one crutch for a few days and I can go crutchless for a little also. I can see the light even though it is still a few months before I have the complete go ahead from the doc.