Quantcast

For those wondering, e13 SRS and Saint cranks are compatible.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Originally posted by Eurotrash
for a big hit you need a sys 2 mrp (the one with only 1 rotating plate)
Is that why every Big Hit DH comes specced with a sys 1?:rolleyes:
I used to have the bike, I'd know.

KonaDude

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada.
Originally posted by nick1111
Does anyone foresee any problems with running the Evil SRS with Saint cranks on a Banshee Scream? I want to buy an SRS/Saint cranks for my Scream.

thanks
The Banshee rep at my shop said that Saint cranks were not going to fit on the Screams (03 or 04) and that they were currently working on a solution. I think it's just too narrow (113 equivalent spindle) for the huge rear end on those Screams.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Originally posted by Zark
Is that why every Big Hit DH comes specced with a sys 1?:rolleyes:
I used to have the bike, I'd know.
In a way, you are both right. The BH does come with the 2 rotating plates, but they can get away with it b/c the rear end is welded 6mm off center towards the drive side to help correct the chain line. On normal FSR/ low chainstay bikes, you need the fixed inner plate.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I officially dub this "The Thread That Will Not Die".

Every time it bumps off the main page someone brings it back. It's over 6 months old!

darkangel

Chimp
Jun 27, 2004
Has anyone fitted saints and a SRS to their bighit? Any trouble fitting and how is the chainline? thanks

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I haven't fitted that exact setup but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work fine...

std. width BB shell and front derail. compatible, etc...The chainline will be however you want it to be with the Saint BB being adjustable in that dept.

scofflaw23

Monkey
Mar 13, 2002
Raleigh
Can I bring this back one more time?

Anyone had any luck fitting an Evil DRS to Saint cranks? I'm going to use the Saint bashguard for the time being, but any advice for fitting (or not fitting) the DRS to my bike (NON-ISCG, RM Switch w/Saint cranks)?

Jonas

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
East Coast Represent!
You should be all set with the Switch. You won't need ISCG tabs to mount the DRS backplate. You'll also need to get the the DRS E-Type Backplate to get it to work - it can be bought aftermarket through your local dealer or through our online store at www.evilbikes.com I would, however, highly recommend that if you are going to run the DRS guide that you also run the E13 bashguard as well - it'll insure perfect guide set up and operation. The bashguard you'll have to modify a small amount to get to fit the crank. You'll just have to open up the width of the crank arm recess a little with a dremel or file - not a large chore. Let me know how things work out.
Thanks.

scofflaw23

Monkey
Mar 13, 2002
Raleigh
E13Tech said:
You should be all set with the Switch. You won't need ISCG tabs to mount the DRS backplate. You'll also need to get the the DRS E-Type Backplate to get it to work - it can be bought aftermarket through your local dealer or through our online store at www.evilbikes.com I would, however, highly recommend that if you are going to run the DRS guide that you also run the E13 bashguard as well - it'll insure perfect guide set up and operation. The bashguard you'll have to modify a small amount to get to fit the crank. You'll just have to open up the width of the crank arm recess a little with a dremel or file - not a large chore. Let me know how things work out.
Thanks.
Just wondering, but am I going to need to get an E-Type Derailleur to mount on the new backplate also? I was trying to figure out what would be different enough about the E-Type backplate to make it work with a non E-type setup.
Oh, and I'll be getting a Supercharger, don't worry. It's just that the one I have is the wrong BCD.

Jonas

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
East Coast Represent!
No sweat, man. I believe that the RM Switch won't accept a regular seat tube clamp front der. In which case you'll need to get the E-Type front der to go with the E-Type backplate of the DRS. I believe you'd need an E-Type der anyhow, even if you weren't running a guide.

scofflaw23

Monkey
Mar 13, 2002
Raleigh
Nope, at least the 2004 ones use some sort of funky clamp that goes around a strut that supports the main dogbone of the suspension. Here's a photo:

WonderBoy

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
well...

would you be able to fit an Evil Guide and Saint Cranks on a Banshee Scream? Could you please post pictures of this setup?

:help:

Thanks a lot!!

pbr

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
San Francisco
I'm wondering if anyone has tried installing Saint cranks on their 2006 P.3 with the e-thirteen guide-

I recently picked up an 06 P.3. I tried installing my favorite cranks(saints) and came across a few issues. First, I had to hacksaw the mounts for the small ring off, as it was hitting the guide. Then I spaced out the driveside bb shell with a 2mm spacer. The chain spacing looked good, except the spindle isn't long enough.

It appears my next step is to remove the stock spacer from behind the guide. The drawback here is that then I will have tire clearance issues on the boomerang. Anyone here have this set up?

Jonas

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
East Coast Represent!
Hey PBR,
For 2006 Specialized made the whole P.Series with an offset rear end. Though this has it's advantages it can be a little confining in regards to crankset choices for the time being. The offset rear end requires a 57mm chainline (which is what comes stock on the complete bike). The Saint crankset that fits the 68/73mm shell (needed for this frame) will essentially not work as it keeps the chainline at a non-adjustable 50mm. You can get it to work, but it is not recommended with this chainline as it will sacrifice the performance integrity of the chain retention system.

pbr

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
San Francisco
Jonas said:
Hey PBR,
The offset rear end requires a 57mm chainline (which is what comes stock on the complete bike). The Saint crankset that fits the 68/73mm shell (needed for this frame) will essentially not work as it keeps the chainline at a non-adjustable 50mm. You can get it to work, but it is not recommended with this chainline as it will sacrifice the performance integrity of the chain retention system.

Jonas,
Thanks for responding so quickly. I had a feeling this was the case. I actually reinstalled the stock cranks and bb last night. In fact, you answered my next thought, which would be to try the Saint crank with the longer spindle.

I guess my pretty Saint cranks will live in my parts box this year.:nopity:

Jonas

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
East Coast Represent!
Yeah, it's unfortunate, but maybe down the line they will make something that'll work. Don't quote me on that, though.

The 83mm shell version of the Diabolus will work when coulped with their "reducer kit". I'm not sure what they call the kit, but that's what I call it. It's basically a shorter internal BB cup sleeve that matches the 68/73 shell width and a bunch of additional spindle spacers to compensate for the externally exposed spindle. This setup will achieve the proper chainline needed.

Otherwise you're looking at an ISIS 73x128 spindle (or something in that near range...)