Quantcast

Forest Service workers scared of wolf howls...

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Anyone else catch this? I sure hope they have to pay for their own rescue....

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005112785

supervisor for the Idaho Department of Fish and Game, was shocked that wolf howls would elicit a helicopter evacuation {of usfs employess} in a wilderness area.
Helicopters in the wilderness but not bikes? Tax dollars to pull guys who've read too many fairy tales out of the woods? Gah, there's so much wrong here I don't know where to start...

gg

The farm boys around here are pretty terrified of the coyotes when they howl at night, irrespective of the lack of documented attacks.

The helicopter evacuation seems analogous in a very imperfect way to the reaction of our nation to lunatics who commandeer planes.

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
The crazy howling scares some people, but you know what scares the animals back? Heavy gunfire. I feel they were ill-equipped.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Coyotes? C'mon...
Ruger Mini 14, modified Weaver stance, double tap with 2 boattails, one to center mass, one to the head...stop the threat...go get an ice cream cone at the food court...

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Sawtooth National Forest officials will review training procedures to better prepare out-of-area Forest Service personnel for the wildlife they may encounter while in Idaho, Waldapfel said.
.. . from a different article. Too f-ing funny.