Quantcast

Fork issue

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Ok, today I noticed that I have a piece of rubber like substance pokeing out of the top of the fork. I am no mechanic, and my fork manual is still packed somewhere. Is this a dust seal or an oil seal? I don't think the oil has left the fork leg. It is a Z2 Atom Race fork...

Attachments

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I was thinking that he was asking about the piece on the right, behind the arch...

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Originally posted by Squeak
Yes it is the piece right. It is almost like a piece of rubberband...
I'm not sure what that is. I checked the manual and it's not much help. You better get it in to your LBS.

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Originally posted by BikeGeek

I'm not sure what that is. I checked the manual and it's not much help. You better get it in to your LBS.
Doh! This fork only has like 5 or 6 rides on it :( :(

I also found the manual and there was no exploded parts view. I think I will check their web site.

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
It's so hard to tell with such a crappy-ass picture...maybe you should get your camera checked out too! (heheheh...:devil: )

Do you see any oil coming out at the seal?
Just FYI, Marzocchi USA was great about servicing my fork. Took about 2 weeks, but that included shipping time. Only cost $15 for a new bushing and a rebuild...which includes a 1 yr. warrantee.

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Originally posted by KrusteeButt
It's so hard to tell with such a crappy-ass picture...maybe you should get your camera checked out too! (heheheh...:devil: )

Do you see any oil coming out at the seal?
Just FYI, Marzocchi USA was great about servicing my fork. Took about 2 weeks, but that included shipping time. Only cost $15 for a new bushing and a rebuild...which includes a 1 yr. warrantee.

It was my first frigging day with the camera so give me a break! :angry: :rolleyes:

I did not see any oil. I called the LBS and I am taking it in tommorow. I think it should be a quick fix.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Squeak
It was my first frigging day with the camera so give me a break! :angry: :rolleyes:
Manual focus is your friend... :D

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
I see it and whatever it is, it ain't right. Its likely a peice of seal or wiper material that got cut loose on assembly. Maybe, its just some overflash from the molding process. Whatever, the place you bought it from should deal with it right now.

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Well I took it in, and the piece came out in our hands. Oldfart, I think you hit it on the head, a piece of something that was inside the fork. Will find out soon.

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Well it looks like there was no problem. Possibly a piece of "whatever" left over from the moulding process. Seals and wipers are good. No leakage.

Whew! :D

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Originally posted by KrusteeButt

Hey, I was tellin' JOJO that my girlfriend and a couple other girls may be startin' up a Thursday night "girls only" ride...you may want to join them.

heheheheh.....:devil: :D
OMG!!! :)
LOL!
I saw that post in the weekday ride thread and started to reply with that same insult directed at you but thought "Naaaa".

Shoulda done it! :p