Quantcast

Fork Question

MarinR00

Monkey
Aug 27, 2007
Iraq
Right now I run a (stock) RockShox Recon 335 on my Specy FSRxc Comp. Would I be gaining anything if I moved up to a Fox 32 Vanilla RLC? I want to stay under $500. I haven’t been able to find much on the 335, but plenty on the Fox.

Mountain Bike action recommended replacing the stock Fusion X shock with a Fox Float. Might I better throw my money at that?

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
while the recon is not an expensive fork it actually works really well. its stiff, reasonably light, and dependable.

as for the rear shock you would probably see a bigger benefit. instead of the fox though i would recommend the rockshox monarch. if you get the nice one you can really adj. the thing to your precise needs. also you can turn on and off the pedaling platform which can be really nice on long climbs and long decents

Sep 20, 2007
Champaign, IL
I love Rock Shox but I have yet to feel a fork that feels as good as a Fox. (Though I will probably try the new SID to replace my White Brothers.) I say you can't go wrong swapping the fork or the shock.

MarinR00

Monkey
Aug 27, 2007
Iraq
I appreciate that help!

Looking back, I have a feeling that I am sure is shared by many riders…. I should have just paid a little bit more, and gotten the upgraded components in the first place!! Such is life.

Based on your guys’ advice, I’m looking to see what is out there in terms of shocks (Looking at a Fox Float and the RockShox Monarch) and a few Forks in the sub-$500 price range… all Fox.