Quantcast

Forks... (help)

haroman666

Chimp
Jun 8, 2007
Jul 1, 2006
Chicago
It won't work. Although the Identiti fork is about the shortest axle to crown fork out there, it's still too long for a Backtrail x24 (it's what's called suspension corrected). Just use any good BMX cruiser fork like a S&M Pitchfork 24. They are made for the geometry of a BMX cruiser (which the Haro is). You should be able to pick something good up for cheap from eBay or your LBS.

Chip

Jun 25, 2007
Canada
It won't work. Although the Identiti fork is about the shortest axle to crown fork out there, it's still too long for a Backtrail x24 (it's what's called suspension corrected).
Chip's right. Suspension corrected rigids are based on different measurements of travel (from Funn, DMR and 24 Sankukai) @ typically 100mm. The backtrail obviously doesn't run a suspension fork so it will make the front end a little less responsive, but I don't forsee a problem unless you are running a front V brake. I haven't found alot of manufacturers that make an exclusive 24" fork and I have only heard the Funn Stiffy does V's in 24" [ :banghead: 20mm axle].

But you'd look like this: (funn stiffy @ 440mm on a banshee)

Are you running a front brake?

I have been experimenting with a 24" 2007 Kuwahara I just bought and I am now running an Echo Urban Fork (Axle to Crown 420mm) with front & back 26" wheels with no problems. All 26" forks are compatible with both wheel sizes, so have a look around on the numerous companies that make rigid forks and give it a go. :banana: