Quantcast

Former Pro Bike Shop DH/DS racer passed away.

brokeONE

Monkey
Feb 2, 2002
asheville,NC
Cody Blevins age 23 a former DH/DS racer for Pro Bikes died Friday night in a single car acciddent . Many of the racers from a few years ago may remember him. He was a great racer that raced for Fred. He had pretty much gave up on racing when he found out Jack Doub one of his friends died from a infection he got while practicing for a national at Snowshoe with Cody. He would still every once and a while hit up the dirt jumps in Swannanoa.

His memorial service will be at Brigmans Funeral home in Black mtn at 7:00pm this Tuesday night.

http://m.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081012/NEWS01/810120335/1001/WAP&template=wapart

Last edited:

Bloch

Chimp
Jul 29, 2002
GA
Wow, I dont post here often, but sometimes I come and lurk. I saw this thread and for some reason just thought please dont be Cody Blevins. Im not sure why, but that is the first thing that came to mind. I havent seen Cody in years, but he was such a great guy when I knew him. We had so much fun racing and riding as Juniors together. This is just so sad. My thoughts are with his family.

R.I.P Cody

thereturnBW

Chimp
Sep 24, 2008
wow. that kid was on his way when he stopped riding. read the article in the paper and didnt put two and two together. very unfortunate. best wishes to his family and loved ones.