Quantcast

Former World Champ Chimes in on Diablo

davidt

Monkey
May 13, 2007
WTF, this thread is still alive....

EDIT:

i'm going to chime in one last time....

Why the Fuk do some of us buy 10 inch travel DH bikes and start bitching about not having beginner trails?

SHUT UP AND RIDE, FUXXORS!

Jun 13, 2007
jay,ny
WTF, this thread is still alive....

EDIT:

i'm going to chime in one last time....

Why the Fuk do some of us buy 10 inch travel DH bikes and start bitching about not having beginner trails?

SHUT UP AND RIDE, FUXXORS!
agred, i bet that all of you are ,in the words of mini mac "reckless black diamound riders" ,and probaly would never ride the beginer trail.
in my eyes diablo is all that i need!:spam:

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
The only thing I would agree needs help are the signs indicating a trail merge. Seriously. I only rode there for two days (loved every second...want to go back NOW) but I think there were about 3 times where I was going so fast on Alpine that a almost vaporised some n00bs merging into the mid/lower portion of the trail.

Also...maybe toss a basic sign somewhere that tells people, "Not to be stopped in the ****ing middle of the trail as I exit the SRAM berm at 35mph or my 50lb bike may ruin their day."

BigClyde

Chimp
Jul 31, 2003
Greenville, SC
I think Shawn's comment about not introducing people to DH/FR at the resort is key to killing this argument. Everything else can be bickered about over and over...signage, padding, blah blah blah.

Bottom line what has grown Diablo over the past 3-4 seasons? Beginners, no. I have driven 11 hours to Diablo 5 times over the past 3 years, and I would not drive that to have a nice flowy smooth ride down.

Kudos Diablo...former downhill champion dude...get over yourself.