Quantcast

formula k24 Vs. avid juicy 7

ArthurDH

Monkey
Apr 20, 2007
Italy
i have the opportunity to buy a set of either k24 or juicy7 (for the same price), and i don't know which to choose... i'm a light guy and i mostly ride dh races... which one would you buy?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
man i am loving my k24's, loving!

tonsa adjustments, no extra weight, cool chrome.

never pump up, even riding all the way down on

the front after flatting at MSA.

great great brakes.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
the FCS is the pad distance register you're referring to, for simplicity you can just get the k24's if you're not mechanically inclined but it's the same brake.

You can get the K18's, order the FCS and you'd have a k24 for less money.

ArthurDH

Monkey
Apr 20, 2007
Italy
well i'm already getting it at 2/3rd its normal price so it's hardly getting better... thanks for the advice anyway : )
i think i'll go for the k24

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
definitly the formula's,formula makes the most powerfull 2 piston brakes + they are all so ligther than most other brakes.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
once again i vote for the k-24's. i have them on my xc bike and the k-18's on my dh bike. i have never had any hint of fade or pump up. also they are really light, but at the same time i have put the levers into trees and into the ground on a couple of wrecks now nad they are still straight and true. i have also had them for like 9 months and pad wear seems pretty good as well. if i had to complain about anything (and i don't) they do get a little skreechy when they are cold or wet but it doesn't bother me at all.

oh also the lever feels really good as well.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
k24s would be my first choice over any other brake on the market right now. no, that's not true actually, i would pick the polished ones, called the oro bianco i think. greg minaar's bike had, and probably still has, a prototype brakeset from formula that looks really cool.