Quantcast

Formula the one problem

richiedelf

Chimp
Apr 27, 2012
Chamonix
I have a pair of 2010 Formula the ones. And until now they've been awesome. Last week though, the rear started acting up. The lever doesn't release after being squeezed, and needs a push with the finger to release. The guy in my local shop said he doesn't know whats wrong (just from looking at it and feeling it.) and that it feels like it's bent inside.. I have no idea. Feels kinda like the spring inside isn't there anymore. Has anyone else had the same problem? Or have an idea as to what's going on and how to fix it?? I've bled it, but that's all I can think to do without taking it apart. Any help would be great.
Cheers

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Sounds like the piston / plunger is sticking. You may have to drain it and disassemble the MC/lever assembly, clean everything and inspect for damage and rebuild.

OR try for warranty coverage. I wouldn't be surprised if they take care of you.

Tyler Durden

Monkey
Oct 7, 2003
Paper Street
I have a pair of 2010 Formula the ones. And until now they've been awesome. Last week though, the rear started acting up. The lever doesn't release after being squeezed, and needs a push with the finger to release. The guy in my local shop said he doesn't know whats wrong (just from looking at it and feeling it.) and that it feels like it's bent inside.. I have no idea. Feels kinda like the spring inside isn't there anymore. Has anyone else had the same problem? Or have an idea as to what's going on and how to fix it?? I've bled it, but that's all I can think to do without taking it apart. Any help would be great.
Cheers
Ironically ! I have the same issue with my front brake. I caught up with them @ World Cup. I was told to send it in. It has to be taken apart. They did mention if you want to have your local mech. to handle it they would send out parts for repairs, or you can send in, and wait approx. 2 weeks. just email them. They will get you sorted.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
Actually, it's probably much simpler to fix in my experience.

The lever pivot on Ones is a tight fit (to remove slop); sometimes this means a tiny piece of grit can significantly affect the lever return. Fix: remove pivot bolts and bushing, clean, reinstall.

The spring between the pads might be over compressed. Take out pads, lightly lube edge of piston, spread spring apart to increase the separation force, reinstall. This worked for me when I had a similar issue. Btw rather than ask a shop rat, next time contact formula USA directly.