Quantcast

fox 06

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i was just looking throught the fox web site and i saw that they have realised the 2006 owners manuals.
http://www.foxracingshox.com/website/OwnersManuals.asp?Market=MBike
here is the 2006 line up:
fox dhx, still the same
fox float rp3. still the same
fox dhx air, same as the dhx just air sprung
fox 36, four versions, the air rc2 and rc, the coil spring rc2 and rc,still 150mm
fox 40, still the same, so much for the e-speculated air sprung model.
fox vanila rear shox, still surviving
fox talas fork, stil the same
fox float fork, travel interenally adjustable, kinda like the fox 40
fox vanilla, genarally the same, 130mm travel
fox f/fx, lock out/bump treshold respectively
doesn't seem like there is going to be many changes for 2006. hope this isn't posted yet and its helpfull in some way or another. :)

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I e-spec that the air DH40 is coming. Maybe not for '06, but soon. This is the next step. I predict a sub 6# 8" fork. Fox is using the 36 to perfect long travel air.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I DL'ed and read the '06 36 manual and it clearly states 160mm travel for the Van 36 and 110-150mm for the 36 TALAS.

Thanks for the link...

Eno

Chimp
Nov 19, 2001
dhkid said:
fox dhx, still the same
fox float rp3. still the same
fox dhx air, same as the dhx just air sprung
fox 36, four versions, the air rc2 and rc, the coil spring rc2 and rc,still 150mm
fox 40, still the same, so much for the e-speculated air sprung model.
fox vanila rear shox, still surviving
fox talas fork, stil the same
fox float fork, travel interenally adjustable, kinda like the fox 40
fox vanilla, genarally the same, 130mm travel
fox f/fx, lock out/bump treshold respectively
DHX and DHX air - These will remain essentially the same with changes made to internals. The Boost valve knob has been streamlined to fit more frames. The DHX air is closer to an Epic rear shock than it is to the DHX coil... They're different structurally and are essentially different feeling shocks.

Float RP3 - totally different piston valve stack and ProPedal valving.

36 - 2 versions. the talas one is 110mm-150mm. The 36Van is the coil version with 160mm travel. Again, two quite different forks sharing the same chasis and damping technologies.

40 - Air version? Where'd that come from?

Vanilla shox - Propedal valving. Mostly OEM shock.

Fox 32mm Forx - Little bits changed here and there. e.g. dust wipers modified.

DHX, 36 & 40 are considered '05 line... You can expect these to remain essentially the same for the next couple of years. Same goes for the rest of the lineup. Fox suspension focuses on practicality and functionality rather than hyping up new technologies every year. Most changes are made internally or arent really distinguishable. The actual new '06 stuff isn't going to be made known so early. But they have been prototyped and tested long ago and are actually ready for production already.

Brad23

Monkey
Jan 9, 2004
West Oakland
Eno said:
DHX and DHX air - These will remain essentially the same with changes made to internals. The Boost valve knob has been streamlined to fit more frames. The DHX air is closer to an Epic rear shock than it is to the DHX coil... They're different structurally and are essentially different feeling shocks.
What is an "Epic rear shock"?

Anybody know if the DHX air will fit a Sunday, if so would you be able to achieve proper dampening?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Eno said:
40 - Air version? Where'd that come from?...Fox suspension focuses on practicality and functionality rather than hyping up new technologies every year....
Don't...Don't... Don't believe the hype.

Thanks for the info Eno, we :heart: to speculate on here and it's nice to hear the real deal straight from the horses mouth.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Brad23 said:
What is an "Epic rear shock"?

Anybody know if the DHX air will fit a Sunday, if so would you be able to achieve proper dampening?
I'm thinking he means the Brain shock, In other words the DHX air will have a more noticeable platform than the DHX coil. That makes sense since the DMX air is more geared towards LT trail bikes that need to pedal well. As far as the Sunday application, I think they most likely have a proper e-2-e and stroke but I'd ask DW about any potential damping issues.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Eno said:
Fox suspension focuses on practicality and functionality rather than hyping up new technologies every year. Most changes are made internally or arent really distinguishable. The actual new '06 stuff isn't going to be made known so early. But they have been prototyped and tested long ago and are actually ready for production already.

I really like that approach. When stuff is ready it is ready, no need to make a new product for the hell of it every year.

Eno

Chimp
Nov 19, 2001
punkassean said:
I'm thinking he means the Brain shock, In other words the DHX air will have a more noticeable platform than the DHX coil. That makes sense since the DMX air is more geared towards LT trail bikes that need to pedal well. As far as the Sunday application, I think they most likely have a proper e-2-e and stroke but I'd ask DW about any potential damping issues.
Sorry, I meant structurally, the DHX air is similar to the Epic rear shock. Functionality wise, it'll feel like a slightly more controlled version of the DHX coil. All other functions, valves and shims and whatnot are the same as the DHX.

The regular DHXs won't fit the Sunday. You'll need to order the DHXs for Turners with the remote reservoir. That would work. Just run compression damping/ Propedal at absolute minimum.