Quantcast

Fox 40 or Boxxer World Cup

dh_newbie

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
Hong Kong
I have use the 06 Fox until now I am satisfied the performance. My weight is around 160 lbs and I using the medium spring.

As I know the WC is lighter that the 40 a little bit but I think this little bit may be help you lower little bit weight.

I think the 40 is more reliable that the WC. And the WC have to take care mre that the 40.

Did any WC user have the motion control leakage problem happen?

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Did any WC user have the motion control leakage problem happen?
I did on my 06' WC. SRAM replaced my motion control assembly for free, and had it to me within 3 days. It was an easy at-home fix anyway, so I keep it as a spare in my toolbox for riders in need at races. The warentee'd motion control assembly was problem-free, as was the one in my 07' which I rode for the ending part of last season.

Yes, you have to service the WC, but not excessively. Tearing down your fork every couple months isn't exactly out-of-the-way maintenance considering what our bikes are put thru. Its an issue that really shouldn't be considered when choosing your fork IMO. Performance first.

big cal

Monkey
Nov 18, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
funny, i have opposite experiances. fox is absolutely butter all round. small bumps only matches a 888, only complain if anything is the bottom out, but its solved now. but i still love my fork.

the wc on the other hand, i have tried a few but all have loads of stiction, for some reason it only seems to be me who feels that way on this board...

it does ramp up tho, where the 40 doesn't. but my take on it is the 40 is designed to be ridden all out, when i first got it i hated for a bit when i was riding slow tech trails and it would use soo much of its travel on small drops ect. you just feel boged down and sloppy... but when you ride flat out, its amazing.... gives you soo much confidence.

my 0.02

I'm with ya mate, exactly my feelings. Fork just feels like butter and you can really attack terrain with it, i found a big difference in stiffness coming off an '04 7" boxxer. I'll be sticking with it for as long as i can.