Quantcast

fox 40 play

armada

Monkey
Aug 27, 2010
so my 2009 40 rc2 has developed a litle play betwen the lowers and the sliders, everything apears to be tightened corectly so i am suspecting the bushes are worn out, so my question is if it is posible to change put just the bushings or do i have to change the lowers?

armada

Monkey
Aug 27, 2010
so does anyone know how to do that or where i could get new bushrings, the oficial dealer for our country is kind of an ass so he doesnt want to seal parts and the services are freakishly expensive, 150$ for an oil an seals change

armada

Monkey
Aug 27, 2010
another google search with my speeling checked turned out they are not hard to find:D, so does anybody have a guide or something on how to change them? do you need any special tools or something? :) i have a few ideas on how to do it but dont want to screw up my lowers

jason3559

Chimp
Jun 21, 2004
New England
I had the same idea and bought Fox bushings through Enduro. It quickly became apparent that this wasn' t
Going to be easy when I attempted to change them. I called Fox to see if there was a special
tool that would help. The Fox rep stated that they have a one off $700 tool for their needs.

I recommend a search in the DH thread. There is one where a few people agree that new lowers
Is a much more efficient way to go. This is the weakest part of the 40s, the life span of the bushings.