Quantcast

Fox 40 RC2

billypopo

Chimp
Oct 7, 2007
My 2007 fox 40 rc2 is not sensitive over small repetetive holes or bumps. My front end is shaking like **** when I get over those kind of little bumps.

On medium to big bumps it works very well.

My rebound is working perfectly.

But with the high/low speed compression I don't feel any difference and now my high speed is blocked in the full open position.

What's the problem, what can I do.

Apr 28, 2006
North White Plains, NY
I've found that when people are having issues with any suspension part and they say that their rebound is working and that hi and/or low compression is fully open, it's usually a pretty good indicator that they are running too high of a spring rate. Regardless of what the manual says, if you are not able to run your suspension without at least 1-2 "clicks" (6-12% of full) on your compression, you're likely running too high of a spring rate.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
would agree and add one thing....you say it is bad on repeated bumps...that screams that your rebound is too slow.

Rebound can 'work' and feel great in the parking lot, but that does not mean it is set correctly for the amplitude or frequency of the bumps you ride over at speed.

billypopo

Chimp
Oct 7, 2007
I weight 145 and I have a spring for 120 to 150...

The problem is not that my compression are too high or to low, they just doesnt work.

And i tried every rebound clic, no difference on small bump absorbtion...

darex

Chimp
Jun 3, 2007
I weight 145 and I have a spring for 120 to 150...

The problem is not that my compression are too high or to low, they just doesnt work.

And i tried every rebound clic, no difference on small bump absorbtion...
Hi, I also weight 145 lbs and have the same problem with most of the suspension I had. I think the problem is with High speed compression valve (there are to many shims for 145 lbs rider weight). I have boxxer team 06 with silver spring (120-150lbs) and it feels harsh in high speed. Also my DHX 5.0 feels harsh over small bumps in HS (I have spec demo 06 with 30% SAG). My Z1 CR (with tuned HSCV - I mean 1.5mm hole drilled in compresion cart. and soft spring) feels little harsh. I found that Swinger 4way AIR feels great in HSC even with high pressure in tires but it leaks little of LSC on the other hand. My old 5th element felt better than shimmed shock (dhx 5.0) in HSC. IMHO there is a problem with a lightweight riders and shimmed suspension.