Fox 40 tech manual (replacing seals)

Don Diablo

Chimp
Jan 18, 2005
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I want to replace the seals of my 40 tomorrow but:
-in the user manual it doesnt say how this should be done
-http://service.foxracingshox.com/consumers/index.htm isnt working

There was a great discription on the fox site with pictures and all but that seems to be off line. Can anybody help me with an other online manual?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
thanks man.

i sent mine back at the end of our riding season last year for some t.l.c.

ONE run this year and the left seal puked it's guts.
i'll fix it myself, as now i can't afford to wait for the turnaround time.

cool thing is it's just lube oil.
not dampner fluid.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Doing maintenance yourself definitely has its benefits (mentally and $$ saving). I'd imagine it would also be somewhat chaotic sending a fork back now with prime season coming up.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
So has anyone else gotten a Fox 40RC2 OEM with their bike? My Glory came in today and there was not any extra springs for the Shock like you get when you buy it retail. Only what is stock in it. At this time I don't know what it is.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
So has anyone else gotten a Fox 40RC2 OEM with their bike? My Glory came in today and there was not any extra springs for the Shock like you get when you buy it retail. Only what is stock in it. At this time I don't know what it is.
my guess would be the medium spring.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
nope, the oem doesn't come with springs.... is yours an 07? 07 forks come with hard ti spring stock, 06-05 came with medium ti spring stock. besides the 05-06 medium and 07 heavy the other springs are steel.

AlexYuen

Chimp
Jan 13, 2005
What??
Uooo... Ti Spring can be very expensive. I was going to get the extra-soft Ti spring from Fox direct and it would cost over $200.00 retail. So, I got the steel spring instead.

Only the Medium stock spring is Ti, the soft and firm springs in the box are regular steel.

Maybe you can try Go-Ride with the dual-Rate Ti springs!!!

Damn, I want a soft Ti one. Anyone have one laying around?

AlexYuen

Chimp
Jan 13, 2005
What??
from Joey Avila <JAvila@foxracingshox.com> 12/26/06
date Dec 26, 2006 11:01 AM
subject RE: Question - Fox 40 Springs

For the 2005 40 fork, the stock 40lb blue spring is titanium and for 2006-2007, the stock 45lb green spring is titanium. All our other springs are steel.

nope, the oem doesn't come with springs.... is yours an 07? 07 forks come with hard ti spring stock, 06-05 came with medium ti spring stock. besides the 05-06 medium and 07 heavy the other springs are steel.

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
I sent mine in to get new oil, bushings and seals, only took 3 days, + i got new lowers... =] only cost 60$ too