Quantcast

Fox 40's

smithyM1

Chimp
Sep 21, 2005
I've just recieved my new RC2's and am a tad curious as to how to set them up. I used to have boxxer teams and when you wound a few clicks of LSC you could feel a noticeable difference when bouncing up and down on the them on the street(ie, they felt solid), this doesnt seem to be the case with the 40's. Do the 40's generally have more subtle feel with LSC wound on?

Any help would be much appreciated!

smithyM1

Chimp
Sep 21, 2005
I have more than you...

Yeah i'm well aware that the street test isnt the place to get the suspension sussed, i'm just making direct comparisons between the 2 forks thats all.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
I've just recieved my new RC2's and am a tad curious as to how to set them up. I used to have boxxer teams and when you wound a few clicks of LSC you could feel a noticeable difference when bouncing up and down on the them on the street(ie, they felt solid), this doesnt seem to be the case with the 40's. Do the 40's generally have more subtle feel with LSC wound on?

Any help would be much appreciated!
thats because the LSC on the fox actually works.....the one on the boxxer makes it spikey and harsh if you crank it in a bit......i run my fox with the LSC all the way in, then back it out 1 click....this keeps the fork up in the stroke and prevents excessive dive when braking......to get a boxxer to feel this way in terms of limiting movement from mass transfer and braking, you had to run the lsc so far in that the fork was spikey and had no traction...

so, on the fox a few clicks wont translate to a big difference in feel in the parking lot, but should be noticeable on the trail....the nice thing is that you can run them with alot of damping but they still work when things get rough.....