Quantcast

Fox Customer Service Question

BikerBoy28

Monkey
Jul 3, 2006
Bellingham, Wa
I recently cracked the arch on my 40. Im just wondering how much it will be to get new lowers if I send it in to Fox, and how long it will take? I have never sent parts back to a company or anything like that so I dont know what to expect. Im leaving for a Whistler road trip in one month and really dont wanna have to ride my old Shiver.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
I will second the vote for suspension experts but I would check to see if they have 40 lowers in stock. If not, then their turnaround may be the same as fox. However, if they do have them, they do AMAZING work, have excellent customer service, and are very quick to get you your stuff back.

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
As a word of warning, if it's not common practice for you already and you do happen to ship to Fox be sure that you send it through UPS or FedEx with a tracking number and signature required.

I've had them "lose" or "never receive" customers products more than any other company in the industry. If you can prove that it was delivered and received, you'll be in a much better position to have your problem solved.

xxFRESHxx

Chimp
Jun 21, 2008
Germany, BY
no you cant. fox doesn't sell any spare parts to customers, dealers or even service points. thats the reason why i won't buy any fox product ever again.

i had a DHX shock with a snapped rebound adjuster. there was no way i could get that tiny piece of aluminium without sendig the shock in and pay around 120€ (plus the adjuster and shipping) for a full service/repair. ridiculous!
i had the adjuster custom made by someone then. set me back 25€.

if you plan on servicing you suspension on your own, stay away from fox!

Tayrob

Monkey
Jan 3, 2008
I've never heard of them not selling spare parts to dealers.I've ordered numerous lower legs,bolts kits,stickers,uppers and knobs in my years at a shop.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Fox does have consumer accounts. I've ordered parts direct from them in the past, most recently an RC2 cartridge. They ship directly to your door, no need for ordering through a shop. Every time I've ordered direct from Fox my order shipped the next day. Try giving them a call.

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
no you cant. fox doesn't sell any spare parts to customers, dealers or even service points.
Not sure where you are getting your info, but the above statement is false. Since the OP is from Bellingham, WA, he shouldn't have problems getting parts (especially something common as a lower), whether through a dealer or directly from Fox.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I've always had great luck with Fox.

I messed my 36 up in a way that I couldn't figure out. Sent it back, and for the price of shipping both ways they rebuilt it, put the new FIT inside, and sent it back. I was pretty stoked.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
no you cant. fox doesn't sell any spare parts to customers, dealers or even service points. thats the reason why i won't buy any fox product ever again.

i had a DHX shock with a snapped rebound adjuster. there was no way i could get that tiny piece of aluminium without sendig the shock in and pay around 120€ (plus the adjuster and shipping) for a full service/repair. ridiculous!
i had the adjuster custom made by someone then. set me back 25€.

if you plan on servicing you suspension on your own, stay away from fox!
Most a$$ backwards post of the day! :thumb:

xxFRESHxx

Chimp
Jun 21, 2008
Germany, BY
well then maybe thats just the case in europe (probably we are lower class customers then) or concerning rear shock parts.
i was in that situation twice already. about a year ago when i needed a shaft and recently with the mentioned rebound adjuster. both times the german distributor and also tftuned in uk told me the same thing. that sending the shock in and have it repaired is the only solution because fox does not sell spare parts separately.
the customer service of fox usa didn't even answer my emails.

good for you guys if thats not the case in the US or canada or wherever. but right here you're fukked if you break sometinkg on your fox shock.
maybe somebody wants to try to order a DHX rebound adjuster. would be cool to know how much that would have been if you really can get your hands on one in the US.

Ryzo

Chimp
Oct 6, 2009
In uk we go to mojo, they have all the parts available to buy. Not hard in uk to get spares. At almost 3 quid for a pinch bolt they aint cheap though.