Quantcast

Fox DHX Air info?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Zed, 8.75x2.5 is what the new Enduro's use so maybe that's why it's listed. I have a feeling that '06 Enduro's will have a DHX air on them OEM. Or it totally could be a typo since they will have 8.5x2.5 already. I'd like to go up .25 in stroke for 170mm of travel instead of 150mm.

stratguy1618

Monkey
Apr 18, 2004
heres some pics of it on the new santa cruz Nomad, a 6in travel VPP bike and some other cool new 06 stuff

Jamsoul

Chimp
Jun 28, 2004
tha boot
Air looks like where the DH racing is going...EC raced DH on a air sprung 8 inch Boxxer last year. I wonder if Air shocks will hold up to 200 pound riders hitting 20 plus ft gaps?

Attachments

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
yea, there are. the fork for peaty is basicly a air srung 8inch travel pike.
i think the air will hold up coz it has proven it self already on bikes like the karpiel armoggeden(sp?).

Brad23

Monkey
Jan 9, 2004
West Oakland
air will hold up cause thats whats plants breathe and ****...opps no more plants soon because of bad environmental policies, better keep your coils!!!

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
this summer i'm getting my 7 inch bike more trail-bikey in terms of weight. anyone know how much the DHX air would save in weight compared to a ti-spring DHX 5? earlier in this thead it said the dhx air was 450 g i think.

yeti guys are pretty confident that the enduro 20 575 will ship in June w/ the DHX air. fwiw. i hope the aftermarket dhx air is available soon.

guess the other alternative for HD trailbiking is a manitou air 4 way, which doesn't have air spring chamber volume adjustment but has SPV air chamber volume adjustment and is supposedly much more durable than most air shocks.

ED75

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
France
buildyourown said:
So, will I be able to get it in a remote res to fit my DHR? Or perhaps I could swap the end caps and make a DHX air into a remote?
Did you finally get this remote for your DHR ?
Is it really available for us ...