Quantcast

Fox DHX Air schematics

afroboy

Chimp
Oct 23, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
Hey all,

Anyone know where I can access a detailed schematic drawing of the DHX air (5.0)? I have inflicted a small dent on my reservoir, and am concerned about the floating piston inside being affected. I'd like to determine whether the dent is in the range of the piston so that I can decide whether to replace the canister or let it slide.

thanks.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
If you are talking about the air canister...

There is a small dent in the canister from the factory to let air into the negative chamber. Secondly, the air can just unscrews right off of the shock. Simple as twisting off a beer cap. Just let out all of the air, unscrew the can, and take a look. You can go to fox's site to view videos of maintanance and service and such. While you are in there, do the up keep!

afroboy

Chimp
Oct 23, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
Not sure we are on the same page dave. I am concerned with the remote reservoir, which has the boost valve adjuster on it, and nitrogen and oil inside, seperated by a floating piston. I am certain I inflicted the small dent too. Also, Fox provides instructions to service the air sleeve on their air shocks, but there is no info on the remote reservoir. I still think I need to see a schematic.