Quantcast

Fox DHX -worth waiting?

Edvard

Chimp
Feb 4, 2004
Europe
Hi!

I've read a lot about the Manitou Swinger 6-coil and I think it must be a very good shock. BUT.. people tell me that I have to wait for the new Fox DHX shock, so I was wondring what you guys would suggest?

thx

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
fox suck buy a curnutt. if your not gettin a foes buy a swinger. i hate fox they are unreliable they break and blow donkey d!ck

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
snowskilz said:
fox suck buy a curnutt. if your not gettin a foes buy a swinger. i hate fox they are unreliable they break and blow donkey d!ck
:help: :rolleyes: :nopity: :nuts: :dead:

Grow up!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
snowskilz said:
:nuts:

I wouldn't wait, personally. Same technology. One is available now, one isn't. Therefore (IMO) you go with the one that's available now.

There's always the "next best thing" to be waiting for. Meanwhile, you should be riding. So go with what you can get right now!

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Here's a quote from Tricky on the Dropmachine forum, I find it very appropriate in this thread:
I find every year, new **** comes out.
This new **** is supposed to be better than the old ****.
Then when you buy the old **** new, after the new **** comes out, you get a better price on the old **** that's new **** to you.
:p

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
How about a Stratos?
Great CS ;)

Damn, where's Randolph when you want a quality rant!

Ummm, yeah. Get what you can get now. The shocks are probably equivalent & waiting sucks.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
What's up with the smiliey explosion, did RM put up another one of those smiliey banner ads again and everybody clicked it? Not that I mind the smilies that much but it seems like everyday there's more that pop up and more and more people are using smilies instead of posting something meaningful.

Where'd that freeway sign come from though, I didn't realize that there really is a pinkbike.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Kornphlake said:
What's up with the smiliey explosion, did RM put up another one of those smiliey banner ads again and everybody clicked it? Not that I mind the smilies that much but it seems like everyday there's more that pop up and more and more people are using smilies instead of posting something meaningful.
http://www.cripplefight.com

Tenchiro put up the page.

Kornphlake said:
Where'd that freeway sign come from though, I didn't realize that there really is a pinkbike.
Photochop!

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
Ifelloffabike said:
hey now

dont lump ny in with those martians
Say what?

Not to sound overly sensitive but have you ever tried to manage a forum with usually well over 500 users on at a time?

Pinkbike still ain't no big corporate entity selling out to the man.

We're run by unpaid volunteers who'd much rather ride our bikes than be internet whores managing forums that degenerate as usership grows!

Bikes are cool, bulletin boards are nothing more than interesting.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
the DHX has an adjustable pedaling platform and adjustable progressiveness. Suppoedly the adjustments are de-coupled, and supposedly no other shocks currently have a de-coupled adjustment.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hey mental - I don't think any of these comments are aimed at you or any of the moderators over at Pinkbike. Don't take it personally. Hell, kudos to you guys for even trying to stay on top of a mess like that (mess being the posters, not the site).

You just can't have 500+ people logged on at one time without a lot of them being idiots. Laws of statistics. Hence the well worn, played out joke...

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
binary visions said:
Hey mental - I don't think any of these comments are aimed at you or any of the moderators over at Pinkbike. Don't take it personally. Hell, kudos to you guys for even trying to stay on top of a mess like that (mess being the posters, not the site).

You just can't have 500+ people logged on at one time without a lot of them being idiots. Laws of statistics. Hence the well worn, played out joke...
Thanks BV, like I said, I was probably being a little sensitive, just find it frustrating to hear over and friggin over!

Now - I'm going for a ride!

Braaaaaaaaaaaappppppppppppp!

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I hated my Curnutt. Liked the Romic. And I LOVE my Avalanche. Get an Avalanche and get it valved for your needs and never look back.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
mental said:
Thanks BV, like I said, I was probably being a little sensitive, just find it frustrating to hear over and friggin over!

Now - I'm going for a ride!

Braaaaaaaaaaaappppppppppppp!
Hell, I understand it'd be frustrating to hear so much crap about what you put a lot of work into! I just know that I'm guilty of it as well, but would never want to imply that those who are throwing all of their hard work into it should be lumped into the idiot category.

Enjoy the ride :thumb:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
binary visions said:
:nuts:

I wouldn't wait, personally. Same technology. One is available now, one isn't. Therefore (IMO) you go with the one that's available now.
Actually, the technology is way different. The Fox has 2 seperate adjustments so that you can adjust pedalling platform and bottom out resistance. The Stable Platform isn't the same either. Propedal doesn't work as well as the SPV valve does.

If it were my choice, though, I would go for a Romic. They pedal well and are SUPER plush. Romic custom manufactures their shocks for each rider. They are also available now.

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
gotta disagree on the romic. mine's blown twice and had never really felt all that great, despite being valved just for me. oh yeah, and each time they've had my shock it's taken over a month to get back.
i say, without ever having ridden one, spend the extra coin on an avalanche.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
hucker13 said:
Actually, the technology is way different. The Fox has 2 seperate adjustments so that you can adjust pedalling platform and bottom out resistance. The Stable Platform isn't the same either. Propedal doesn't work as well as the SPV valve does.

If it were my choice, though, I would go for a Romic. They pedal well and are SUPER plush. Romic custom manufactures their shocks for each rider. They are also available now.

Romic is actually the same tech as '04 ProPedal, the new DHX stuff(called ProPedal) is different. I think Romic and the orig PP were just shims added to the low speed compression circuit.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MtnbikeMike said:
Romic is actually the same tech as '04 ProPedal, the new DHX stuff(called ProPedal) is different. I think Romic and the orig PP were just shims added to the low speed compression circuit.
Yep.

Like I said, same technology. Yes, it's some kind of modified version but in the end it's pretty similar.