Quantcast

Fox or Rock shox???

kona_arthur

Chimp
Feb 28, 2006
Whistler, BC. Canada
Need some advice here...
I have a 2003 Rock Shox Psylo Race w/ the Black Box and a 2004 Fox Forx F100RLT, which one to keep. On my Giant VT2 I have my Rock Shox on right now...
The Fox is 100mm and the Rock Shox is 90mm to 130mm I think... and the Giant is 5.25 to 5.75 on the rear.
What to do???..

Muuqi

Monkey
Oct 11, 2005
Ashland Oregon
I'd keep the Fox personally, just because it's newer, and Rock Shox really only got their act back together last year or so. You might be able to buy an extension kit to up your Fox's travel to 125 I think. . .I'd look into that.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
IMO, the fox is a better fork, but the psylo in 130mm mode is better suited to the VT. I'd sell them both and get a vanilla, talas, pike...

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
jacksonpt said:
IMO, the fox is a better fork, but the psylo in 130mm mode is better suited to the VT. I'd sell them both and get a vanilla, talas, pike...
Exactly. No question that the damping and technology in the Fox is better but only 100mm on a VT might not ride so well (I had a TALAS on my VT and it was great, but I wouldn't have minded a slacker HT angle). If you can't sell both, try them out. If you can stand the reduced travel and a-t height on the Fox, keep it.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Good move. The Fox, whilst being the lighter/better performing of the two, isn't really suited to a VT and will likely steepen your head angle greatly. I'd look for a Float TALAS, Pike, or a Reba at the 115mm setting. Perhaps a long travel (130mm) Marathon?