Quantcast

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I think the real crime here is that thousands of unobtainable parts will be dumped in a waste bin somewhere. Every single shock, fork, Ti spring, bolt, prototype and one off part is now gone to the landfill!!! :disgust1:

That might be the only slim shot at catching them if someone spots all that hi-tech stuff in a dumpster. Those thieves will only want the big ticket stuff, not our paltry little MTB parts. :shakefist:

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I'm hoping Gee's upside down fork was in there and some dumbass will be seen riding it at Bromont.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Thats what they got for not fixing forks at the open, but even more lolz. What are the poor pros going to do when they hear they have to slum it like a civilian for a weekend!

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Wow that is bold. Been living in Montreal for about 12 years and I've never heard about it being bad place for car jacking.

Anyway, from the sound of it, the truck and trailer were not jacked in Montreal, but in between Montreal and MSA, which is about a 4 hour drive.

I'll keep my eyes opened, but I'd be surprised to go down to get groceries and see this big ol' trailer in the parking lot.

Some idiot knuckle head is bound to be seen in Bromont riding a Norco VPS1 with a brand new inverted Fox Fork that he bought 'somewhere' a couple days ago. Stuff like this always happen is Ste-Anne. What a shame. And now everybody is firing bullets at us french canadians......

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Thats what they got for not fixing forks at the open, but even more lolz. What are the poor pros going to do when they hear they have to slum it like a civilian for a weekend!
just for this, i'll have save some extra lulz for when some of your stuff gets stolen. :thumb:

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Quebec, Canada's socially awkward and heavily cologned stepson from a former marriage.

Apparently has pretty sticky fingers too
It's not easy to get attention when Canada's western starlet riots at the thought of amateur athletics and losing a few games of flip cup.

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
Some idiot knuckle head is bound to be seen in Bromont riding a Norco VPS1 with a brand new inverted Fox Fork that he bought 'somewhere' a couple days ago.

this pretty much sums up 1/4 the riders at bromont lol. Its like going to the historical museum of haggard parts and bikes that should have been retired years ago. Such a wicked place to ride though

That truck and trailer are currently flat black and grey and hauling 6 horses to a jump competition somewhere in the quebec eastern townships, while the parts are buried under that farmers field

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Your comments in this thread speak to your lack of respect for the value of a dollar.
My comments also speak for the fact that fox is stupid for not having any kind of tracking, seriously; all those products, prototypes, parts, and such. Forget the R&D costs that (potentially) could be leaked. It wouldnt be hard to take a bunch of pictures of all the prototypes and E-mail them around or post them. I'm sure there is a 5 figure number involved with that USD 40. I mean, ****, i have my bikes locked To a rack in 2 spots, locked to the bars in 2 spots, locked to the truck in 4 spots, truck alarm linked to 4 152db Train horns. Why wouldnt you spend the extra 100 bucks on some kind of tracker, sounds to me like fox wasnt careful with a bunch of highly desirable products, shame on them. Hate me if you want, but i dont feel horrible if they (AS FAR AS I KNOW) did nothing to prevent it. Besides, assuming the whole "hot wiring" a truck is hard to do, dont you need the keys to steal it?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My comments also speak for the fact that fox is stupid for not having any kind of tracking, seriously; all those products, prototypes, parts, and such. Forget the R&D costs that (potentially) could be leaked. It wouldnt be hard to take a bunch of pictures of all the prototypes and E-mail them around or post them. I'm sure there is a 5 figure number involved with that USD 40. I mean, ****, i have my bikes locked To a rack in 2 spots, locked to the bars in 2 spots, locked to the truck in 4 spots, truck alarm linked to 4 152db Train horns. Why wouldnt you spend the extra 100 bucks on some kind of tracker, sounds to me like fox wasnt careful with a bunch of highly desirable products, shame on them. Hate me if you want, but i dont feel horrible if they (AS FAR AS I KNOW) did nothing to prevent it. Besides, assuming the whole "hot wiring" a truck is hard to do, dont you need the keys to steal it?
You are obviously an expert. Its time for you to start your own suspension company and world cup factory team.

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
Ok then, I hate you . . .;)

and NO you dont need the key to start a truck...no need to start a big conspiracy theory

May I ask when was the last time you've heard of a BIG ASS LOGO-ED trailer AND truck being stolen ? Surely they've learned their lesson now and will do everything they can to prevent that next time but I bet YOU wouldnt have thought such thing could happen if I asked you YESTERDAY ...quite unusal if you ask me....Sucks for Fox and I hope it wont affect their team athletes.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Ok then, I hate you . . .;)

and NO you dont need the key to start a truck...no need to start a big conspiracy theory

May I ask when was the last time you've heard of a BIG ASS LOGO-ED trailer AND truck being stolen ? Surely they've learned their lesson now and will do everything they can to prevent that next time but I bet YOU wouldnt have thought such thing could happen if I asked you YESTERDAY ...quite unusal if you ask me....Sucks for Fox and I hope it wont affect their team athletes.
Got me there, maybe its because i ride at diablo and the scum of the earth lives at the waterpark, but i was always under the impression anything of value is locked, alarmed and tracked, especially if its unique.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
car theft is real bad around montreal - when I was at school in upstate NY we would go to Montreal to party, I knew three kids that had trucks/suv's stolen in one semester. I wonder if this thing has already been chopped up for parts, got rid of everything distinguishable with fox logos etc.

will be interesting to see what happens..
bingo,car theft is huge here.

And I dont want to be the bummer,but its for sure allready been parted out.

Car shops have been caught plural times with stolen engines etc.

Sucks to see,not surprised at all.
Trailer is probly sold too.

I just dont get why the "last spotted on the 20 out of mtl " probly just outside the bridge.

and then dissapeared or wat !>??!?!?!

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
I think the real crime here is that thousands of unobtainable parts will be dumped in a waste bin somewhere. Every single shock, fork, Ti spring, bolt, prototype and one off part is now gone to the landfill!!! :disgust1:

That might be the only slim shot at catching them if someone spots all that hi-tech stuff in a dumpster. Those thieves will only want the big ticket stuff, not our paltry little MTB parts. :shakefist:
yeep,

all those tools and bike **** is seriously laying around on the ground or in a dumpster rusting away somewhere.

u guys forget were the hells orriginate from

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
Few years back, the team my mate was racing for in wsbk, an italian team, had there trailer(big) stolen mid season..word was an insurance job cause they were strapped for cash.

Not saying this was insurance.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I just dont get why the "last spotted on the 20 out of mtl " probly just outside the bridge.

and then dissapeared or wat !>??!?!?!
I can only assume it refers to the Trek crew driving down the Interstate in the opposite direction and seeing them pass by. It's not like the Trek guys would instantly think "theft". Even if they did, would they know what # to call in Canada? Is it 911...eh?

You figure that even if the Trek guys have the cell# for the Fox trailer and are calling them at that moment, they're not answering.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Wow.

1. Hot wiring a truck is super easy

2. Sounds like I could steal your bikes off your truck pretty easily with a set of bolt cutters or a hacksaw

3. Sounds like I could steal your truck without you noticing pretty easily by just cutting the air lines to your horns or the wires to your solenoid

4. I'm fairly certain Fox did things like lock up their truck/trailer and set the alarm on the truck before they went to sleep at night.

5. The truck was a new ford, it probably had Ford Sync to track it.

6. The thieves were good enough at this that they disabled the alarm, disabled Sync, hotwired the truck and were able to get it somewhere hidden before the Fox techs woke up in the morning and discovered it stolen. It sounds like this is not their first rodeo stealing expensive, high profile stuff.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
May I ask when was the last time you've heard of a BIG ASS LOGO-ED trailer AND truck being stolen ?
Happens all the time to motor sports teams, particularly desert racing. Given Fox's experience in that field, I'm guessing they were aware that something like this could happen to one of their rigs and took precautions.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
2. Sounds like I could steal your bikes off your truck pretty easily with a set of bolt cutters or a hacksaw
just to elaborate some on the topic of bike locks. They are not designed to prevent theft, they are designed to deter theft, in that it will slow thieves down to the point that they will move onto another bike that will be faster to steal.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Wow.

1. Hot wiring a truck is super easy

3. Sounds like I could steal your truck without you noticing pretty easily by just cutting the air lines to your horns or the wires to your solenoid

4. I'm fairly certain Fox did things like lock up their truck/trailer and set the alarm on the truck before they went to sleep at night.

5. The truck was a new ford, it probably had Ford Sync to track it.

6. The thieves were good enough at this that they disabled the alarm, disabled Sync, hotwired the truck and were able to get it somewhere hidden before the Fox techs woke up in the morning and discovered it stolen. It sounds like this is not their first rodeo stealing expensive, high profile stuff.
Wait, so you're suggesting it wasn't a bunch of French Eskimos hopped up on Labatts and poutine who thought it was full of fuzzy pelts? Someone might have, like, planned to steal it? Gasp!:eek:

(Apologies in advance P-Spec who apparently is sensitive to Quebec jokes)

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
just to elaborate some on the topic of bike locks. They are not designed to prevent theft, they are designed to deter theft, in that it will slow thieves down to the point that they will move onto another bike that will be faster to steal.
Agree with this, Obviously not for the fox, but i think that the average theif (where i live) just looks to take somethin incident, its alot easier to pick a bike off a truck than deal with 6 locks per bike. (and in my case, very high off the ground) The catch is that if somebody really wanted it, they could just take the bed off the truck. That said, it takes a real criminal to jack something like fox has, and it may not have helped them, but i guess it comes down to being "1 step ahead" Sure you could cut the lines to my horns if you could get to them, but would you be expecting it? I (yes me) believe if they had rigged up some kind of loud alarm or horn, it would have helped them. (aside from the tracking) What criminal expects a train horn? :D
I can hear my car alarm go off from the top of the mtn, forget about a hotel at 2AM. Sucks for fox, my guess is that since its not found by now, its not going to be found