Quantcast

Fox rp23?

KCmtbr

Chimp
Feb 3, 2011
In the burbs
With all the bad reviews of these being problematic in stock form, are they any better after pushed overhauled? Or does only a select few call these a post and there is nothing wrong at all with the rp23.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
we've never had one come back for any type of warranty through our shop.
i also just ordered one with my new bike (hopefully sending the Kashima RP23)

KCmtbr

Chimp
Feb 3, 2011
In the burbs
we've never had one come back for any type of warranty through our shop.
i also just ordered one with my new bike (hopefully sending the Kashima RP23)
I just picked up a 2009 for 100 $ Hope all is well, but I guess at that price its worth the 160 for push rebuild if need be.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
if you know how to properly setup and adjust a shock you'll be fine; i suspect a lot of the issues are caused by people who don't know what they're doing

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
They're fine shocks. Just keep in mind there are a lot of variables with regards to tuning them these days (air volume cans, compression and rebound tunes).

Ride it before you spend money on push. I've got three bikes with rp23s, and the one I wanted to change got pushed to achieve something pretty specific. Push does decent work for sure but just make sure it's something worth bothering with first. It might not be.

KCmtbr

Chimp
Feb 3, 2011
In the burbs
if you know how to properly setup and adjust a shock you'll be fine; i suspect a lot of the issues are caused by people who don't know what they're doing
Well I know it will fit the frame, I only weigh 175 and typicly ride moderate rock gardens. I will download the owners manual for proper set up for my weight if it has it.

Last edited:

fortfun

Chimp
Apr 23, 2009
coloRADo
I've had an RP23 w/boost for over a year on my bottlerocket and it sees anything from trails to jumps to moderate DH at Winter Park and Sol Vista. The only issue I've had was after a 12 minute DH run it gets really hot and slightly inconsistent. I've broken my float 36 on the same bike twice and this shock has never given me an issue.