Quantcast

Fox V3R Carbon DH Helmet

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Anyone have any time with this helmet?

I destroyed my D3 at Whistler a few months ago and I have a new one on back-order. But, I don't think I'm getting it since even the Troy Lee guys are saying "good luck." The Fox seems like a good alternate...

Note: I'm also getting a Leatt to work with it. I seen that Danny Hart ran this set-up last season...

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
i have been using the v3 for 4 years now. i love it. i opted to get the v3 carbon because i also yous it for dirt bikes, but they are awesome. i also ordered a leatt brace, but its at my buddies house. lol so i cant help with that.

EDIT: the brace i got was the GPX pro, same a DBX, just different color...

Last edited:

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Anyone have any time with this helmet?

I destroyed my D3 at Whistler a few months ago and I have a new one on back-order. But, I don't think I'm getting it since even the Troy Lee guys are saying "good luck." The Fox seems like a good alternate...

Note: I'm also getting a Leatt to work with it. I seen that Danny Hart ran this set-up last season...
Back order via Troy Lee or you ordered another? If you are buying it then these guys have some in.

http://www.artscyclery.com/descpage-TLDD3HE.html

I used a V3R last year and really liked it. It is like a medium sized version of the V3 moto helmet which I had used the previous 2 season. I think(but dont hold me to it)the V3R is lighter than the D3,not by much but every little bit helps. I ran mine with the Alpinestars BNS brace. It works well with that brace given it's larger shell and the braces extra room designed for moto helmets. I would think the new Leatt DBX would get on well with it. Mine held up quite well last year and the paint design(last years)hide's paint chips and scratches well. Only down side or thing I did not like about it is a normal V3 comes with a nice helmet bag and extra visor,the V3R has a helmet sack and no extra visor.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I've been using a V3R for a year, and have been really happy. It's really light and seems like the protection would be great if I lawn-dart onto my head. The removable liner is a nice touch as well- it gets tossed in the laundry about every other weekend to keep my helmet from getting dank.

For neck brace compatibility, you should be fine. I'm getting a Leatt, and took my V3R into a moto shop and tried on the Leatts and Alpinestars braces- all were fine really. And, with the actual bike version of the Leatt (which is what I'm getting), I'm not worried about freedom of movement.

Here's a pic of mine just for the h3ll of it, setup with lights for the Final Descent:

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
Cliff I loved my v3 carbon. Thats the helmet I had on when I had my big crash on squirrel last year. Three trees and a handful of rocks and my head felt pretty good. Im on a regular v3 now and I like it alot too. I got 3 for 100 at the moto usa sale.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Cliff I loved my v3 carbon. Thats the helmet I had on when I had my big crash on squirrel last year. Three trees and a handful of rocks and my head felt pretty good. Im on a regular v3 now and I like it alot too. I got 3 for 100 at the moto usa sale.
Wow. Good to know! :thumb: What size do you wear?

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Bump.

Has anyone out there tried the fit of this helmet vs. a D3? I wore an XL D3 and it was the benchmark of fit for me. How do they compare? Same? Bigger? Smaller?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Bump.

Has anyone out there tried the fit of this helmet vs. a D3? I wore an XL D3 and it was the benchmark of fit for me. How do they compare? Same? Bigger? Smaller?
I've been trying to find an XL D3 to try on but can't find one ANYWHERE. What else has worked well for you for comparison's sake?

Bump.

I wear a medium in the V3R but if I were to buy a D3 I would buy a large after trying on a friends new D3. You should be able to find a moto shop that has the moto version V3 and the sizing is very close if not the same between the two versions. I do not know what you have local but FOX moto is everywhere and should not be too hard to track down a dealer that has a V3 in stock to give a test.