Quantcast

Fox Vanilla RC 03

May 13, 2006
Olympia, WA
I am getting this shock on a used frame, I just wanted to know what the preformance is like. Some people are saying its great, others say it blows up in seconds. Any inside knowledge or help that will give me better performance with this shock?

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
I've never heard of them blowing up. I ride on one right now (on a high leverage RM7), and it works just fine, just don't expect it to be like a DHX.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
don't turn up the compression much at all and it won't blow up, having the right spring is also important, the old rc's work fine they just aren't great

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I just started riding one.
I've been on a Romic for almost 4 years and quite frankly I'm loving the "old technology" on my Turner RFX. VERY active and plush. I bought it knowing that I can always have it rebuilt by PUSH and end up with a better shock all around.

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
Agreed. These blow due to people dialing up compression. 1st get the correct spring rate. Then Push it if you plan to service it. You already knew that though.

BrandonWatts

Monkey
May 4, 2005
raymond, WA
i am running a fox rc on my cove g-spot and it is really smooth. i am about 250 and do downhill on it and it has performed great for me so far. i am only running 4 clicks on the compression and i wont go any high then that. but overall it is a good shock.