Quantcast

Fox Vanilla Rs...

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
:think: Hey all you primates, I am looking for a little help. I am running a Vannilla R on my Isis and I'm having issues with bottoming out on anything over three-four feet high. A friend of mine mentioned swaping out springs, but I'm not all that familiar with th options availiable. The spring on there is stock, and I can't tell what its rated for. Who's upgraded? What did you go to? And what type of frame is it on (four-bar, single pivot etc..) For what its worth, I weigh in around 225 with gear, and prefer to climb up whatever I'm aiming to descend. Thanks for any input yawl!:D

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
The spring rate should be printed on the coil somewhere. Its easy to swao springs and the shop that sold it to you should have set it up properly when you bought it. If you bought it off some one maybe the shop that originally sold it will swap springs with you. Every bike and rider is different but for what its worth my 140 pounds on a Santa Cruz Heckler uses a 350# spring turned up a few turns on the preload ring. I think thats a heavier spring than recommended by Santa Cruz.