Quantcast

fr frame

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
this is a continuation of my posty from a while ago about what fr frame to get

i have my hopes set on a used sxtrail, but if that isnt avaliable i want to know what of these two wouold b a better choice.

'04 Azonic Saber--been lookin at these for a while, seem nice--$700 new

'05 Ellsworth Joker--i know i know, its an ellsworth and i know tony ellesworth is a douche. But at this price for what seems to be a solid fr frame im tempted. Anyone had problems w/ this specific ellsworth? The setup also reminds me of the asx, i really like the look. Advise?--$700 new

thanks, and if u dont have an ellsworth dont trash em just bc other ppl do, i want info frfom ppl who have/have had this bike.

WoodsRider11

Chimp
Jun 2, 2005
CT
ive heard ellsworths dent easily...i cant tell you from first hand experiences, but i would trust it further than the azonic

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
Ellsworth AKA Ellsworthless, people always have problems with this stuff. I would recomend either a banshee like the
The Banshee Chaparral which might be out of your price range. I would also look at the Big Hit, along with the rockymountain switch looks awsome this year, also the kona coiler, and norco shore. the problem in my opinon is that if you buy a old sx, then you will be getting a bike with less travel, and i think they have changed a few things as well. all the other bikes i have listed i would recomend just checking out, also you might want to check out one last one the giant faith great bike possible one of the best for the price, and with 8" of travel and a great build, and it looks awsome, i will post pictures of all the bikes above below in order.:

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
thanx, but ive already posted about this and narrowed down my choices, i really just want to know what ppl think about these bikes. And all the travel i want/need is like 7" MAX. Thanks anyway though.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
well i would recomend getting the saber over the sx its a great bike and i know a few people who have been riding them for a long time and he isn't exactly easy on all of his stuff

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
untitledsince89 said:
um I suggest getting my IH frame, that I'm selling cough cough
for 550. C'mon buck you kno you want it.
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
i used urs, alexs and aarons as the examples of the bikes i dont want. Im down to the saber 17" and this sxtrail in a medium. I really would lik ethe sxtrail, but im not so sure i can get it. If not it looks like the saber is the way to go. btw jon i hate ur bike if u hadnt noticed......

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
yes I kno u hate it thats why I posted that. Wait untill I get a 7point frame then ther'll be no way you can hate it. aha On my other post I made looking for frames, some guy can't understand why I wouldn't want to get a BH. ahah u need to go over ther and support me on thr Anti-BH stuff :)

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
motomike said:
hmmm, there is probably a very good reason for that...
And that reason is that everyone heard that I bought one.

Oh yeah, and their great, extremely adjustable, affordable, excellent handleing, upgradable bikes made by a large company with excellent customer service and kajillions of dollars spent on testing each year.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Whoops, I forgot that they have good pedalling efficiency, and maintain an active suspension under breaking, even without a floating caliper, oh yeah, and with the adjustable travel (6.2-7.5) and adjustable head angle, you can custom tailer it to the type of riding you plan on doing. Light freeride one day in the steep, short travel setting, then race DH the next day in the slacker, long travel setting, thats pretty cool i guess, if your into the whole "riding different terrain" type of thing

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
aha I excpected that from you. If I work at a Bike shop that sold specialized I'd probably have a BH too. But which is Better Horst or DW link??? ha gotcha on that one. much love to u BH kids;)

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
I'd choose the Saber. They are an awesome design with a true 4-bar Horst Link. They also look pretty sweet. I have a buddy that has one and the workmanship is pretty nice on his frame. That is a killer price too! I know several people who have had Jokers and cracked the rear swingarms. From what I understand it is a common problem on the Joker. If i were choosing a single pivot freeride rig I'd say pick up a Bullit or perhaps an ASX. The Bullit probably has the best track record of any freeride bike out there and can be built up super burly or light and still be a fun bike. Or you could go with a Heckler which has 5.6 inches of travel. I have a Bullit with 888 and a Heckler with a Pike and both are awesome. I'd like to try a 6" fork on the Heckler like a Fox 36. I think that would be the ultimate match for that frame.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
untitledsince89 said:
aha I excpected that from you. If I work at a Bike shop that sold specialized I'd probably have a BH too. But which is Better Horst or DW link??? ha gotcha on that one. much love to u BH kids;)
I bought it a year before i worked there. And as for the DW link, i dunno, ive never spent enough time on it to warrant a judgement.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
untitledsince89 said:
Get over yourself. What honestly makes you feel that the DW link is far and above the 4-bar? Tell me from personnal experience.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
untitledsince89 said:
aha gosh Mike I'm just joking around, I don't ever try to make myself as some super great rider. My time on the dw was brandons AC, and A Trasition dirtbag
Those are both renditions of the 4-bar.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
the sxtrail is lookin good....

btw i love the BH fights popping up all over the FR part of rm. seems to b jon (and me, though not as forcefully) vs. everyone else....lol