• Nemesis DeathMobile

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Quamen EMO

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

stefifly

Chimp
Jun 19, 2007
As I am asking a lot of questions lately, is mainly because I'm getting a new bike...
This is the question: I want you to help me pick the best frame between these, or if you have better suggestions, please tell me.

The bike will be used for dirt jumping mainly, smooth hardtail downhill (just to get to the dirt jumps), and some street.

frames are:

-Santa Cruz Jackal

PROS
-Used by famous pros (which doesn't necessarily mean anything)
-Disc brake compatible
-Strong
-Great Dirt Jumping geometry
CONS
-Heavy
-The frame looks really big and with a strange geometry
-Can only use 26" wheels (24" works badly)

-Nemesis Project DeathMobile

PROS
-Outstanding quality tubing
-Very light and stiff
-BMX rear hub
-Beautiful design
CONS
-The same frame cannot take both 24" and 26" wheels (different frame for each wheel size)
-Cannot have disc brakes

-Quamen EMO

PROS
-Excellent quality tubing (mixture of alluminum and chromoly
-Very nice design
-Very light weight
-Can use both 24" and 26" on the same frame
-Replaceable dropouts that work both as horizontal or vertical
CONS
-Quite expensive
-Hard to get
-Geometry might seem weird to some people, but who cares...

-Dobermann Pischer

PROS
-Nice and clean geometry
-Also handmade (like Quamen and Nemesis Prjct.)
-Super short chainstay
CONS
-Not as good quality material used
-Very few left in stock at Dobermann bikes

Thanks!

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
When you ride street do you grind? Those frames are great and high quality but have a low bb height. So it appears that dbl grinds would grind out the bb. Union Street frames accomodate dbl grinds. They make both 24 and 26 frames and man they are sexy.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
the nemesis is a nice frame, but if you don't have the cash, go for a dobermann. the dobermann is easily the best value. i've never heard of the quamen, but the jackal is one fugly bike. the back end is really short from what i remember, and they can take anything you can dish out.

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
the jackal is the only one i would ever consider doing some DH with, the pincher is defiantly the last one you want, the head tube is very thin and anything more then a 4" fork rakes it out. I wouldnt recommend the quamen or the nemesis for this either, to me it seems like the jackal is the only option.

stefifly

Chimp
Jun 19, 2007
Most of you guys are telling me about the Nemesis DeathMobile, but the thing is that I want something that can have both 24" and 26" wheels without needing to change the shole frame (like in the case of the DeathMobile), and another thing is that where I live, Barcelona, Spain, always to get to the dirt jumps I have to go down a light DH course, more technical than fast... by this I'm telling you that I would definitely prefer to have disc brakes than U-brakes.

The Quamen is a really good frame, weights 5.45lbs, american made, with replaceable dropouts that can work as horizontal or vertical, and the weird tubing near the neadset is that, instead of welding the TT and DT too much to the headtube, they added an extra tube for strength and less weight. www.quamenbikes.com (Urban section)

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
swoop up a secret agent and run 24's on it if you want interchangeability (is that even a word??) i ride mine all over whistler every day from aline, schleyer, crab apple (top part blows on a hardtail tho), and dirt merchant and it rips it all with 3 inches of stiff ass suspension and street tires

Daman

Chimp
Nov 27, 2001
The new 08 Pinscher get a much stiffer rearend..it will be perfect for some soft DH.

The new rear-end also give the frame some super short chain-stay 365mm on 24" and probably the shortest on the market for 26". The slightly high bb make it easy to spin and hop but also make the geo 24 or 26" wheel compatible.

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
Most of you guys are telling me about the Nemesis DeathMobile, but the thing is that I want something that can have both 24" and 26" wheels without needing to change the shole frame (like in the case of the DeathMobile), and another thing is that where I live, Barcelona, Spain, always to get to the dirt jumps I have to go down a light DH course, more technical than fast... by this I'm telling you that I would definitely prefer to have disc brakes than U-brakes.
QUOTE]

the 26" nemesis project secret agent would fit those requirments perfect just like dex said.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
man that 08 pinscher is looking really nice!
For sure. The head tube looks kind of tall, or maybe it just looks a little odd with the space between the top and downtubes. But, overall, that thing is sick. I like the way the chain stays start on the top tube and kind of go around the seat tube.

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
the head tubes on the dob's arnt long at all, i think they are just under 5"? anyways like i said before, for dirt jumping the dob and nemesis will both be ur best bet, but when u add the DH factor in there i think id like the jackal?