Quantcast

*<Frame Problem>*

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I think you made a good choice.

Sometime I'm gonna have to bug you to ride that thing 'cause I've always wanted to try one.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I'm down. I'll shoot you a PM when you get it; I've been meaning to ride SB for a while now.

BTW thanks for the offer.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
i'd get the turner. the morewood and it's long unsupported swingarm will be very noticeably flexier on the rocky SB trails. but if your the kind of guy who likes his rear wheel to feel like it's tied to a stray dog, go for the morewood...
ssshhh.....that kind of thing is not important

The morewood is NEWER execution of an outdated design

dhpunk~

Chimp
Jan 23, 2005
Canada
i'd get the turner. the morewood and it's long unsupported swingarm will be very noticeably flexier on the rocky SB trails. but if your the kind of guy who likes his rear wheel to feel like it's tied to a stray dog, go for the morewood...
:clue: did this Izumi you speak of have bearings installed on the swingarm? this pivot design has some of the most industry hype following it since it was introduced....stray dog whaaaat?

sweeney

did this Izumi you speak of have bearings installed on the swingarm? this pivot design has some of the most industry hype following it since it was introduced....stray dog whaaaat?

sweeney
it's the nature of the beast. the flex has nothing to do with bearings, it has to do with the long swingarm. it has no lateral support (ie-seat stays or a swing-link) to keep it from twisting out at the end. i rode 2 different ones (this years and last years model) the whole time i was constantly looking down at my rear wheel, the swingarm is all over the place making it feel like a flat tire....
but hey, look at it this way, not only do you have travel on an x-y axis, you also have it on the z axis...

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Nope, I can vouch for the Morewood being stiffer. Like I said before, I raced for both companys; 3 years on Turner and 1 on Morewood. Both bikes are about the same riding and feel, but the Morewood was stiffer.

dhpunk~

Chimp
Jan 23, 2005
Canada
it's the nature of the beast. the flex has nothing to do with bearings, it has to do with the long swingarm. it has no lateral support (ie-seat stays or a swing-link) to keep it from twisting out at the end. i rode 2 different ones (this years and last years model) the whole time i was constantly looking down at my rear wheel, the swingarm is all over the place making it feel like a flat tire....
but hey, look at it this way, not only do you have travel on an x-y axis, you also have it on the z axis...

little on the z axis never hurt anyone!!

i havent noticed.....if anything, i can see a full monocock swing arm twist some, but not this tubing used. like i said, im 210lbs (mostly in my man-titty region) it still feels tight to me.

sweeney