Quantcast

Frame suggestions anyone?

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
A buddy of mine wanted to try out mountain biking so rather than toss my old bike, I couldn't get anything out of it, I decided to keep it in case a friend wants to go. But rather than me let it fall apart, I decided to buy new cassette, crank rings, chain, derailer, shifters and add some disk brakes to it.

Recently I started thinking new rims, I have a new fork lying around, so I started thinking, new frame, why not.

I want to take all the new stuff off the old bike and put it on a new frame. I want full suspension but don't want to break the bank. Longer travel is my interest too. So when I found this bike on JensonUSA, I thought I'd ask you guys what you all think. It's price is the right area, around $500. Anyone have suggestions as to what I might be able to get for around that with 7 inches of travel with shock? Is this a nice frame? Never heard of Jamis before. I would even consider a slightly used frame on Ebay but want more bang for the buck.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Jamis makes some reasonable bikes. They've had issues with chainstays cracking in the past, but their CS has always been really good.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Great! Now I even have more of a haste to get another frame. Just found a small crack on the weld where my shock mounts to my rear frame before I started riding today. So now I need to get a frame a lot faster than I wanted to and don't have the time to be picky and find a good one on Ebay. AARRG!!!. :panic: