Quantcast

Frame / Wheel question

motomike894

Chimp
Sep 24, 2007
Northern Indiana
I have a Ironhorse porter, and it has vertical dropouts with a chain tensioner, is there anyway to get ride of the tensioner so it looks cleaner and put small sprockets on it?

And also it is a 24" and does anyone know what kind of hubs I can get for it, will any regular 20" bmx hub work, I would like to get a cassette or freecoaster hub for it?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
If you are lucky a chain cut to length might fit snugly, but that is seldom the case. And if it is spot on it will become loose as it wears.

You can also use a half link chain or a singular half link to ensure you get the right length.

As for the rear hub; it depends on the width of the back end of your bike and what axle diameter it's built for, check that out.

motomike894

Chimp
Sep 24, 2007
Northern Indiana
It has a 14mm axle like a regular bmx bike, I dont knwo about the width, I know the hub on it now is threaded on both sides so you can run the cog on either side, but I would like to get different sprockets on this thing so it looks nicer, either that or I am going to just leave it, and save up to get something even better with regular dropouts and stuff.

GuitarCrazyo

Chimp
Oct 24, 2009
I have one that size, know someone else that does too.
Measures about 68-70cm right?
I dont notice any flex in my frame, then again Im pretty sure that my frame has thicker tubing.