Quantcast

Freaking Brrrrrr

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
why don't you "macho" types come on out and join us for a few calls

or be there last Sunday with the 3 10 year old kids looking at their bloody critically injured mom with the hysterical dad grabbing your arm screaming for you to save his wife while you and 6 others carry her up the mountain to a waiting ambulance

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
In Eric's defense, there is about 70% humidity here, which makes it that much colder.

It was the same way in New Orleans when the temps dropped under 40. While it may not be as cold in many places, you feel it more thanks to the humidity.

Combine it with 50mph gusts, it is pretty chilly outside.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
sorry if I just went off. just had too damn many people die on me in the last 5 days to deal with much BS right now
don't worry about it. somehow people think that constantly living in cold weather makes them more hardcore than people who occasionally experience cold weather.

i guess whatever it takes to make you happy with where you live...:busted:

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
don't worry about it. somehow people think that constantly living in cold weather makes them more hardcore than people who occasionally experience cold weather.
It's 70° here one day then it is 30° then two days later it's 70°. My body just can't adjust that fast, so 30°(plus the lovely Gulf flow) is f'n cold. The one time I spent three weeks in below freezing weather it really wasn't bad and when it hit 50°, it felt hot.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Hey Eric,

You are well respected here on RM. So if we call you a fair-weather, hippie wussy, it is said with love.

pirate28

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
Maryland
why don't you "macho" types come on out and join us for a few calls
I've done the fire thing in the cold... It sucks. I was on a call once where it was so cold, that my regulator froze open on me while I was working up on a ladder... Had to thaw it out by letting it sit next to the exhaust from the ladder truck.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
seriously.. who, besides women, complains about weather?
Take of the skirt... :biggrin:

Disclaimer I did not nor plan to offend anyone, man or woman, that wears a skirt

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
last Sunday was -9 actual temp, was -40deg with the windchill... little sympathy for you Cali monkeys with your 32deg days.

now it's 46 and raining. stupid weather. :crazy:
Seriously this weather is nuts, less then a week ago I was working all day in -3 getting frost bite and now that I'm done with work till march it's 40.
The weather frustrates me.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Today the weather was great, I was outside working in just my base layer jeans and a t-shirt. Temps were in the low to mid 20's, the snow has finally stopped falling at work. We have had 90" since opening day on 12/12/08.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
I think we are on the same storm track as Kanter...

Here's some from my house:

In some ways they are off as it warmed up to 40 and a lot melted but we are supposed to keep on getting hammered all week...

view out a window:

Loader in front of my house - I really wanted to bring this guy a go cup of coffee because he piled it all next to my driveway and not in it... but he was really moving fast.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it's been either raining/drizzling pretty much the whole month of december near charlotte.