Quantcast

>>> Free dray? <<<

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
HEAT WAVE!
Honestly, this is one of the reasons we live here. Sure, it’s fucking cold in the winter (which preserves snow quality), but our summers are generally really pleasant.
View attachment 195867
I’ve been cold for most of my thru hike so far. It’s been April for three months. One of the few good things about Gatlinburg was the heat. The hot sun on my face feels freaking amazing after spending weeks in the green tunnel. So ready for summer.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I’ve been cold for most of my thru hike so far. It’s been April for three months. One of the few good things about Gatlinburg was the heat. The hot sun on my face feels freaking amazing after spending weeks in the green tunnel. So ready for summer.
I did a few days on the PCT last August. Highs in the 90s, lows in the low 20s. Elevation is a bitch.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley got her kart today. They spent well over an hour fitting it. They found a set of almost brand new tires (2 sessions) which they put on so she'll have new sets for her next few races. They want us to pit with them the next few sessions out so they can finish tuning and fitting, and doing some coaching time to get her ready to race a new kart. So we're going out tomorrow. I don't think we're racing Sunday though - she won't have seat time and I don't have time due to study.

The owner and his team are all big fans of Haley. He said he's been waiting to see her let loose with a new kart that won't have mechanical issues. Because when she gets clean runs, she is doing competitive speeds in an old kart - there should be a substantial impact with a new chassis and proper handling setup.

PXL_20230623_213650607~2.jpg

Last edited:

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Haley got her kart today. They spent well over an hour fitting it. They found a set of almost brand new tires (2 sessions) which they put on so she'll have new sets for her next few races. They want us to pit with them the next few sessions out so they can finish tuning and fitting, and doing some coaching time to get her ready to race a new kart. So we're going out tomorrow. I don't think we're racing Sunday though - she won't have seat time and I don't have time due to study.

The owner and his team are all big fans of Haley. He said he's been waiting to see her let loose with a new kart that won't have mechanical issues. Because when she gets clean runs, she is doing competitive speeds in an old kart - there should be a substantial impact with a new chassis and proper handling setup.

View attachment 195885
Awesome. A fresh chassis will be a game changer!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Why are we wasting our dollars on this?

My dad used to design critical systems on nuclear subs for the US Navy. I asked him if that submersible was designed by the B team. He took one look at it and said C team at best.