Quantcast

Free Entry and T-shirt for Sea Otter Volunteers

goin' medium

Chimp
Jul 31, 2003
Newark, CA
Howdy,
ROMP is running the Dual Slalom this year. They need volunteers on Thursday and Friday. If you volunteer you get a free T-shirt and a free entry into any race or event. You may need to be a ROMP member, but that's only $20. You still come out way ahead and help out ROMP. If you are interested contact Michael Lighr at malight@pacbell.net

Here is his invite letter:

For the first time in many years, we are extremely short of volunteers, most specifically for Thursday and Friday.

I don't think there is any need to bring out the obvious benefits of volunteerism or the value of Sea Otter to the club. I would like to take this moment to remind you of how much fun we have on this volunteer project. Thursday and Friday are "other than Pro" days and we have had some unbelievable experiences watching these guys and gals… Many of whom have gone on the Pro ranks… Our favorite is the 10 year old racing next to his Dad. I can't remember their names, but they have been racing for the past 5 years and last year this kid beat his semi-pro Dad!!!

So, if you are looking for some fun and can spend even half the day with us, please send me an email and get on our list. As a reminder, volunteering will get you a free entry into the event of your choice (a refund if you've already paid!), a gourmet bag lunch, swag from the vendors and some great fun with other ROMPers as well as meeting folks from some other organizations that have helped our efforts.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael & Jain Light
ROMP
Sea Otter Classic Volunteer Coordinators
619 Clubhouse Dr.
Aptos, CA 95003
(831) 662-9744

for_sale

Chimp
May 25, 2004
Truckee
Hey I won't be racing, as long as I can be the lady sitting on the dh course with a pink lawn chair umbrella yealling at people. . . I'm down to help out.

Jenny

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I'll be chillin at the sierra nevada tent this year..... we're sponsering the event this year, so...I get to hang out at the beer tent, do a little work, get free access and hopefully good parking too! I don't think i'm going to race though, I'm not really into converting my bike to have gears, for one race!