Quantcast

Freecaster, Flash and the iPad

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
So the wife wants an iPad. So I'm thinking that's great, I can watch the Worlds while we are outta town for a wedding. But the iPad doesn't support Flash. WTF? So now I'm looking at a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Yes, its supposed to be for "her" but its really for "us" :D

What's a guy to do? Is there a way to do the iPad thing and somehow get a browser or an app that supports Flash? Or Eff Apple and do something else?

I've also noticed Vitalmtb does teh Flashyflash on their slideshows.....hmmm...

Any suggestions?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I'm doing it all on a xoom and love it also just had the galaxy and loved it as well. Galaxy can text from it which is a really big bonus thqt i like better as well as its 4 g. The xoom is 4g as well as soon as Motorola sends out my box for upgrade.

Get the galaxy you cant go wrong and Droid has a massive amount of after market support as well as developers and customer stuff daily popping up at an alarming rate.

Xoom or galaxy are both flash ready

samIam

Chimp
Jun 23, 2011
I have had no problem watching the freecaster world cups on my i-pad. Wouldn't expect the championship to be different.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I have had no problem watching the freecaster world cups on my i-pad. Wouldn't expect the championship to be different.
How? Playing around at the Apple store, it would not play the Freecaseter VDS race replay, or Vital's slideshow. Stating that the device did not support flash. How did you get around it?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I have iswifter on my iPad and it blows. Very slow to respond and just doesn't work with a touch screen. I'll try skyfire.

The thing with the ipad is that while the lack of flash sucks coxx, 90% of people who have tabs have ipads, so there generally an app for that. There shouldn't have to be if flash was supported, but I have an mpora app, youtube app, etc....

The touchscreen on the pad is great, very user friendly, but overall the device is too user friendly, and not "power user" friendly, as in it's great for old people and children, but I like to be able to switch email accounts, programs, settings, etc. on the fly, and you can't really do that with the apple interface.

If I hadn't gotten it for free, I'd opt for an android device, but for sitting on the couch and surfing the toobz while the wife watches lifetime, it works great.

samIam

Chimp
Jun 23, 2011
How? Playing around at the Apple store, it would not play the Freecaseter VDS race replay, or Vital's slideshow. Stating that the device did not support flash. How did you get around it?
I just went to the freecaster website and have been able to watch the live broadcasts. The replays have never worked for me but I have watched the last two races live with no problems on the safari browser.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
I watched the windham world cup on the way to windham through my iphone. don't see why it wouldn't work on an ipad.. It was live though, so probably works fine w/the live broadcasts, maybe not the replays?

Last edited:

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I watched the last two WC's live on my iPhone without a hitch, shouldn't the iPad be no different?

But it won't really matter after this weekend since it looks like there won't be live coverage next year...:(