Quantcast

freeride at shed and gambrill?

kzuma

Chimp
Apr 24, 2007
im new to freeride and ive been hearing a lot about all-mtn/freeride type riding at the fredrick watershed and gambrill state park. ive been to both places before, but i cant find the freeride stuff, where exactly is the good stuff?

theg1ant

Monkey
Oct 20, 2006
Atlanta
hidden in the woods. Its hard to find if you dont go with someone who knows the area. I can also garuntee that nobody will post directions up here. Your best bet is trying to hook up with some riders who go out there on weekends.

[Tha]Shovla

Monkey
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow
Trust me man I have tried to break into that scene for most of the summer, I rave ran all over the shed on my own and talked to a lot of people but as stated above the stuff is hidden in the woods. I cant find anything off the trails that are around there and i have spent countless days up there on a nomad riding anything that resembles a trial to find some stuff. Likewise no one wants to seem to talk about it or post. Best of luck to you.

Mar 3, 2007
Columbia
I plan on trying to run a shuttle up there the first Sunday of November if you are interested. We can explore over to the drop trails too and you can see whats "back" in the woods.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
so is it true that its way better up there than it was a few years ago? I heard through the grapevine that no one really rides the drop trails and the other trails that used to be ridden, and that there are some mad crazy new trails to ride

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
so is it true that its way better up there than it was a few years ago? I heard through the grapevine that no one really rides the drop trails and the other trails that used to be ridden, and that there are some mad crazy new trails to ride
yea there pretty sweet... nothing like the rusty trombone to give you a concussion. you should come up on the 4th.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
[Tha]Shovla;2704338 said:
Trust me man I have tried to break into that scene for most of the summer.
You make it sound so hard. :disgust1: Just drive around and look for people shuttling (people DH gear, DH bikes, trucks), stop, and talk to them. Most people will be happy to show you around as long as you halfway look like you know what you're doing (like proper safety gear, proper bike). They don't bite.

There are good reasons why nobody posts about where the trails are that I won't go into. It's not because people are rude though.