bikeCOLORADO

Chimp
May 9, 2003
Colorado Springs, USA!
Finally - Build Session #01

8am, Saturday the 18th of June.
Red Rock Canyon Freeride Area
Take Highway 24 West from I-25
Continue on Highway 24 just past 31st street to West High Street (the next LEFT after 31st).
Park in the parking lot, find the sign at the trailhead and make your way to the Freeride Area.
MAP to Red Rock Canyon

The planning is complete, the area is marked out, painted and flagged. Now the fun part begins...the building. First session will start with site prep. Clearing vegitation, moving dirt, installing fencing and posts for the stunts and platforms. We will be working on phase 1 of 3, our goal is to have this phase complete by the park's official Grand Opening on the 16th of July.

PLEASE respond here if you plan to attend so we'll know how many crew leaders we need.

Also bring as many tools as you can...and materials if you have any laying around (planking, 2x4's, 4x4's, extra nails, screws, shovels, etc., etc.)

bikeCOLORADO

Chimp
May 9, 2003
Colorado Springs, USA!
We've got a fundraising package if anyone knows of someone that might want to dontate money/materials as well.

Here is a rudimentary overview of the area:
Phase 1 - Family/Beginner area. Low stunts, balance/skills practice area. Low bridges/ladders, teeters, jumps and drops. Rock garden and log crawl area, etc.

Phase 2 - Increased skills, bigger drops, ladders, teeters.

Phase 3 - Sicko stuff.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
don't know if i can be there the whole time - or even get there at 8, but i might try to pursuade the family to go hiking, & make a quick detour help out. i've got a buncha pressure treated scrap from re-building my deck, nails, deck screws & an 18 volt DeWalt. We might be going up to WP for the day & this might work out nicely.

are there more details at medwheel? if i show up past 8, will there be a staging area, or will there be an atv/pickup to haul stuff from the pkg lot to the worksite?

just one more thing: that google pic is rather outdated, so after i park & start walking east alongside 24, do i take that first right that cuts up the hillside, or keep going east & follow the contour up to the right (gradual rise alongside the N-S rock formation)?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
$tinkle said:
don't know if i can be there the whole time - or even get there at 8, but i might try to pursuade the family to go hiking, & make a quick detour help out. i've got a buncha pressure treated scrap from re-building my deck, nails, deck screws & an 18 volt DeWalt. We might be going up to WP for the day & this might work out nicely.

are there more details at medwheel? if i show up past 8, will there be a staging area, or will there be an atv/pickup to haul stuff from the pkg lot to the worksite?

just one more thing: that google pic is rather outdated, so after i park & start walking east alongside 24, do i take that first right that cuts up the hillside, or keep going east & follow the contour up to the right (gradual rise alongside the N-S rock formation)?
I think they're mostly building the stuff at the area marked Phase 1 this weekend so that should be easy to find.