Quantcast

freeride in san diego??

OAKLEYMAN

Chimp
Jun 5, 2006
hey there everyone i am new in the area of san diego and i am lookin for a place to freeride! i cannot find places to ride if you have any info please help!

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I PMed you directions to Anderson, also known as ATT. Be aware that a few years ago there was a local that went a little nuts over the trail crossing his property, several cars were vandalized, booby traps were found on the trail and finally a large steel wall affectionately known as the great wall of Bofus was built which effectively kept him off the trail and forced us to find a way around his property. Since then all has been pretty quiet but the area is still recovering from fire damage 2 years ago and every once in a while there is a confrontation between bikers and residents of the valley.

I hit the PM character limit before I could describe the trail but it's mostly chunky technical single track with 4 or 5 good drops and options for about a dozen more, there's a big double as well but check out the landing before hitting it for the first time because it can get pretty rutted out. The lower section of the trail can be pretty fast in the winter time but right about now there is a lot of brush on the trail border so I'm usually a little bit slower this time of year. Watch out for snakes and mountain lions, I've seen plenty of snakes including rattlers but never so much as a lion foot print, I know they have been spotted in the valley though. If you're into watching the skys during pit stops look for red tailed and red shoulder hawks as well as great horned owls, especially around the one stream crossing, where you might catch a close up glimpse of one in a tree screaming down at you. Summer time temperatures can get past 100 deg so plan rides early in the morning or late in the day and carry plenty of water, round trip the ride is about 7 miles I think and there really isn't any way to bail out and shorten the ride. I know lots of people that have broken bikes and broken body parts on the trail so be careful and don't push your limits, especially if you are ridding alone.