Quantcast

Freeride Park Planning Meeting - Colorado Springs

bikeCOLORADO

Chimp
May 9, 2003
Colorado Springs, USA!
Redrock Canyon Open Space's first planning session for the hard won Freeride space...

The Freeride area has already been approved and set aside - it's not a huge area, but it is a HUGE start for publicly supported and approved freeride stunts! Ready to start building some great Northshore skinnies, teeters, drops and jumps right here in Colorado Springs and do it LEGALLY!?!?

Saturday October 9, 2004
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Bristol Brewing Company
1647 S. Tejon
Colorado Springs, CO

** IMPORTANT **
please RSVP to Medwheeljo@aol.com or Josho@bristolbrewing.com

bikeCOLORADO

Chimp
May 9, 2003
Colorado Springs, USA!
The meeting was great...a design/implementation team has been assigned. We'll be touring the site and formulating plans within a few weeks.

I will keep you posted! We'll need volunteers for construction, design, soliciting material/financial donations, etc., etc....

Oct 27, 2004
Some Friends and I want to help with the park. We live close and will be dow there on opening day (Friday the 29th). We have ideas and building experience

bikeCOLORADO

Chimp
May 9, 2003
Colorado Springs, USA!
There are 800 acres of sweet terrain that are criss-crossed with dirt roads and "social" trails. There is officially a 2 mile hiking trail open...a full blown, city wide opening is planned for next summer. Social trail and dirt road "deconstruction" and new trail construction will take until then...alongside with FREERIDE CONSTRUCTION on the approximately 4 acres we have for stunts.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
bikeCOLORADO said:
There are 800 acres of sweet terrain that are criss-crossed with dirt roads and "social" trails. There is officially a 2 mile hiking trail open...a full blown, city wide opening is planned for next summer. Social trail and dirt road "deconstruction" and new trail construction will take until then...alongside with FREERIDE CONSTRUCTION on the approximately 4 acres we have for stunts.
I live up in the Denver Area, but I'd be happy to lend a hand if I can.
I have already been building stunts at a friends place up in Evergreen.
It's sick. The more Freeride the better...

DH'er16

Chimp
Feb 12, 2003
In a van down by the river
Thats awesome that you got it working, I dont live down there right now but if you could post some directions to it that would be great. I would love to work on it or see it during the Thanksgiving weekend.

bikeCOLORADO

Chimp
May 9, 2003
Colorado Springs, USA!
I-25 South to Highway 24
Take 24 West
Continue West past the traffic light at 31'st street...stay in the left lane.
Take the next pull out on the left side...stay to the left into the parking lot.
Read the signs about the park, the projected trails and stay on the currently open trails.