Quantcast

Freeriders North Shore Spirit: New Freeriding PC game

Apr 26, 2002
Victoria, BC
Hey all, I don't know if you have seen this yet, but a game developer out of Vancouver has created a new video game that captures the spirit and challenge of freeriding on the north shore. I have a full review with screen shots and all that good stuff on my site....check it out here:

www.rjwb.com

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
It was...erm...not splendid. I wouldn't pay money for it. While there's nothing much to compare it to, it needs lots of help before you could pass it off as more than freeware.

Apr 26, 2002
Victoria, BC
I found the more I played it the better I got and the more addicted I became. You can go into it expecting some big money game, this is not EA or any of the larger game houses, this is a work of passion and so far the only freeriding game out on the market that is even close to the real thing. Once you get the setting good it should work no problems, I use a cordless wingman rumblepad and really got good at the game. Also try and use the chase cam, and if you can't get the view right use the page up/down buttons, that will move the camera within that view.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Like stated above, the graphics are nothing spectacular, but hey, it's quick and fun to mess around on. Plus, the skinnies and teeters look preety cool.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Still not worth 20 bucks...And I don't even get a CD out of it. I have dial up and I want a CD if I pay money for it.

Apr 26, 2002
Victoria, BC
HAHAHAHA.....dial up. Sorry to hear man, I am amazed at the amount of people on dialup, my time is worth money...dial up is a waste of money.

No the graphics are sparse, but I would rather have good gameplay than whizbang graphics. Alot of the new games are not doing that for me, I finished Spiderman2 in a a weekend and I was not even playing that much, same with maxpayne2 and they were 70ish canuck peso's. So 20 bucks for a game that I play levels over and over, trying new lines, tricks and just improving my overal times....that is worth it for me.

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
I don't care what these punks say... that game was bitchin. Mad props to whoever wrote it from someone who understands how much work it takes to write something like that.