Quantcast

Freewheel help, SS'ers

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
Yo...
I am trying to put a 15t on the empty side of my flip flop... When I thread the freewheel on and apply chain tension in the proper direction, the freewheel tightens itself onto the hub... But to the point that it looses the "free" part of the description... It no longer spins freely but has tons of friction...LOTS and LOTS of friction...Spins just fine when I take it off...Its brand new...Is it foked up? Or am I put'n it on wrong...?

btw... Its an AC racing 15t to a surly flip flop

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
The hub is the same on both sides... The free spin of the cog is from the freewheel itself and not the hub isnt it? Would a normal single cog freewheel get screwed up if you tried to put it on tha Fixed side of a flip flop?

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Yeah, all the spin is in the freewheel.

Did you try the one that works on the other side or the 15T on the opposite side to see if it works?

If it was for a fixie, they have two sets of threads. One for the cog then another set for a lockring.

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
Cool...Only one set of threads...Ya had me worried! I havnt switched out the cogs... Dont have the right tool to yank the 20t.....Yet another discovery of "Things She Got"... An ongoing saga of discovery and shock.....Its great.....Dont try it sometime.........

Thanks for the help.....

J

JRB

What in tarnation are you people saying??? Is this some sort of new incoherent language???

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
Kind of like this thread. I'm still not sure what it is about.
I couldn't find the original where I didn't post the profile. I am sure Opie remembers.