Quantcast

fresh fruit

kyle_nelson

Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
vernon< NJJJJJ
gotta thank jack brittany matt and john for helpin me off the . and i also would like to thank the three random people walking by and telling me to watch my language. so i have about 6 weeks to give out fresh fruit so look for the guy with a weird brace thing and a broken collar bone :thumb:

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
gotta thank jack brittany matt and john for helpin me off the mountain. and i also would like to thank the three random people walking by and telling me to watch my language. so i have about 6 weeks to give out fresh fruit so look for the guy with a weird brace thing and a broken collar bone :thumb:
****... what happened?:eek:

kyle_nelson

Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
vernon< NJJJJJ
i came out of.. careless whisper? and was going mega slow towards that little step down into the fire road, and my tire planted right in the water bar and i did the old super man down to the very bottom ofthe landing. and i was like oh fu** i definitely broke my collar bone god f*** da**** and some random hiker was like watch your language

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
gotta thank jack brittany matt and john for helpin me off the . and i also would like to thank the three random people walking by and telling me to watch my language. so i have about 6 weeks to give out fresh fruit so look for the guy with a weird brace thing and a broken collar bone :thumb:
this is b.s i didn't get any fruit! but heal up kyle! noone else will order pizza station! its only been a day and i miss you!!!! haha;):rofl:

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Damn Kyle... sorry to hear... Heal up bro.... U'll be back in no time....

I'm back at diablo next weekend.... Maybe a Midweek run "Wednesday" anyone?

Junior

Chimp
Nov 3, 2008
Wantage
Oh my lanta that pineapple hit the spot yesterday.

But hey good luck trying to stay sane for the next few weeks - you should start knitting.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
That'll definitely need a plate and screws. I broke mine the second weekend of the season, looks like a similar amount of displacement. I had another piece fall off the back of the bone as well. I have 8 screws and a plate.

Hope your recovery goes well, should be much faster than me, especially if you're young.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
The ER doc told me I probably wouldn't need surgery, but when I spoke to an orthopedist he said with the amount the bone segments were displaced, natural healing would result in a 2 cm shortening of my right shoulder, which would throw off alignment and prevent full shoulder function for life.

Your fracture looks similar to mine, in that the fragments are overlapping quite a bit, but maybe I'm not gauging the distances correctly.

The surgery isn't a big deal, really, 2 hour outpatient procedure, and recovery time should be quicker than if the bone is allowed to heal naturally.

Either way, hope you're able to get back to DH before the end of the season.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
The ER doc told me I probably wouldn't need surgery, but when I spoke to an orthopedist he said with the amount the bone segments were displaced, natural healing would result in a 2 cm shortening of my right shoulder, which would throw off alignment and prevent full shoulder function for life.

Your fracture looks similar to mine, in that the fragments are overlapping quite a bit, but maybe I'm not gauging the distances correctly.

The surgery isn't a big deal, really, 2 hour outpatient procedure, and recovery time should be quicker than if the bone is allowed to heal naturally.

Either way, hope you're able to get back to DH before the end of the season.
Exact same here. Had a week downtime from the accident to the actual surgery. Ended up just like you, with a plate & 8 screws in my right clavical. From what i've heard now-a-days with clavical breaks, surgery is the way to go, no more letting it heal on it's own (although the medical bill is cheaper this way).

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
I guess no surgery is good news. Your fracture must not have involved as much displacement as mine. You'll get a cool big bump in your shoulder now when the bone callous forms around the break. You can show it to girls, they totally dig deformities, especially if they're caused by sweet "EXTREEM" sports.