Quantcast

fresh w.rock thread.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
had a surprisingly large crowd for the easter weekend.
30+saturday
20+sunday

three came all the way in from arkansas. brought their own shuttle driver.(more parents should be involved like that.)

moto mike and his crew made it over also for both days. everytime i looked over their way, smiles were all i saw. enjoyed ya'll's company, come back anytime.

taz is becoming quite the local, especially now that he's broken his "middlefinger".

milby, wyatt and doug were absolutely rippin the sh.. out of the roadgap saturday evening.(as was mike's gang also.) that is definately worth sitting out a few runs to see in person.

this place is getting faster every weekend, and it seems like every time you make a run. your timing is slightly off because of it.
stuff is coming up faster than last year and middlefinger is getting some good multiple lines burned into it.

and after a couple of years hating the old trail one. it's winter makeover has transformed it back into one of the best runs on the mt.

i'm going up sometime this week to make three small changes in a few sections for safety and increased speed purposes.

by far the best start to a year we've ever had up here.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Sunday evening

Ring-ring, ring-ring, ring-ring, ring-ring,.......Ring-ring, ring-ring, ring-ring, ring-ring,.......Ring-ring, ring-ring, ring-ring, ring-ring,.......

Joey: Hello
Roadgap: What's happening
Joey: OH, it's you again
Roadgap: Yeah, I've been here for a while
Joey: "long pause"
Roadgap: I thought you were gonna come by today?
Joey:_________________(insert lame excuse here)

:love:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
spoke80 said:
Sunday evening

Ring-ring, ring-ring, ring-ring, ring-ring,.......Ring-ring, ring-ring, ring-ring, ring-ring,.......Ring-ring, ring-ring, ring-ring, ring-ring,.......

Joey: Hello
Roadgap: What's happening
Joey: OH, it's you again
Roadgap: Yeah, I've been here for a while
Joey: "long pause"
Roadgap: I thought you were gonna come by today?
Joey:_________________(insert lame excuse here)

:love:
i don't know if i want my knees to land short.
and i honestly don't think i can jump that big anymore.(althought yesterday i got a few peddlestrokes exiting humpty and nailed the ensueing jump at least one bike length farther than ever before.)

isn't it enough that i built it ?
i've always said that soon i'll start build stuff bigger than i can hit.
this just may be the beginning of that era.

lame enough for ya ?

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
dhbuilder said:
i don't know if i want my knees to land short.
and i honestly don't think i can jump that big anymore.(althought yesterday i got a few peddlestrokes exiting humpty and nailed the ensueing jump at least one bike length farther than ever before.)

isn't it enough that i built it ?
i've always said that soon i'll start build stuff bigger than i can hit.
this just may be the beginning of that era.

lame enough for ya ?

I'll be quite until you are riding away after clearing it. And I'll still argue that the hit after Humpy has a way more abrupt lander.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
I'm so glad we made it up this weekend. It was pretty much perfect conditions as far as I'm concerned. Doug thanks for making us come back on Sunday. We've got some quality footage of the roadgap that actually shows how fast and large that jump really is. And Joey is my new hero. Awesome work this winter! Trail 1 is my new favorite trail by far. Pics and videos to come...

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
motomike said:
I'm so glad we made it up this weekend. It was pretty much perfect conditions as far as I'm concerned. Doug thanks for making us come back on Sunday. We've got some quality footage of the roadgap that actually shows how fast and large that jump really is. And Joey is my new hero. Awesome work this winter! Trail 1 is my new favorite trail by far. Pics and videos to come...
mike also got to see the "trail patrol" in action.

stupid rednecks.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
spoke80 said:
what-what?
imagine if you will, me sitting in the back of a truck.
and as you get to the first road crossing, you see me look down at the first double.
and see two a.t.v.'s trying to get in there, and their buddy on a motorcycle is setting up to hit the jump.

need i say more ?

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
dhbuilder said:
imagine if you will, me sitting in the back of a truck.
and as you get to the first road crossing, you see me look down at the first double.
and see two a.t.v.'s trying to get in there, and their buddy on a motorcycle is setting up to hit the jump.

need i say more ?

nice:redhot:

BTW, how's Wyatt?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
call doug.

he said he was really talking about rib pain and shortness of breath.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
He's better as of yesteday. His back muscles have relaxed more and other than extreme soreness, he says he's okay. Man, he's crazy. However, his helmet is R.I.P. :dead:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
profro said:
He's better as of yesteday. His back muscles have relaxed more and other than extreme soreness, he says he's okay. Man, he's crazy. However, his helmet is R.I.P. :dead:
suck!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
when the club finishes with all the work they're doing getting set for their spring fest. and all the t.d.e.c. workload.
i'm going to see if they won't help us by posting and cabling that area where we've had logs laid down for so long. also the back door in from the mudbog.

the barricade works well enough on the trail itself, but they could easily bushwhack in from the edges.

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
I saw Gerrit Beutaugh in a magazine in Food Lion near Eastown mall.It was like Mens Sports type magazine or something like that p14 or so..
It was about crashing & rolling into a little ball.....

Careful out there.Flightstar helicopter is expensive$..

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
Joey, you didn't know this about me, but I graduated from the US Army Sniper School while I was a Ranger. For a small fee (a yearly membership say) I would be more then happy to "reach out and touch someone" and keep the jumps clear. No one will ever know that I was there. I could just put a round through their engine block, no one would need to get hurt.

*Note: I did graduate from sniper school as a Ranger, but I am only kidding about "engaging the poachers". Knowing how things get around on the internet, I figure I better throw in this disclaimer.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
BKQuill said:
Joey, you didn't know this about me, but I graduated from the US Army Sniper School while I was a Ranger. For a small fee (a yearly membership say) I would be more then happy to "reach out and touch someone" and keep the jumps clear. No one will ever know that I was there. I could just put a round through their engine block, no one would need to get hurt.

*Note: I did graduate from sniper school as a Ranger, but I am only kidding about "engaging the poachers". Knowing how things get around on the internet, I figure I better throw in this disclaimer.
don't the MP's randomly snag guys who make the above statements and pull them aside for a week or so to make certain you are kidding?:clue:

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
bizutch said:
don't the MP's randomly snag guys who make the above statements and pull them aside for a week or so to make certain you are kidding?:clue:
Thus the reason for the disclaimer. Besides, after they see everything that is going on in my life right now, they would realize that I don't have the time for it.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
BKQuill said:
Thus the reason for the disclaimer. Besides, after they see everything that is going on in my life right now, they would realize that I don't have the time for it.
wife on bed rest at the hospital firing off twins and you in a bell tower with a scope firing off rounds isn't a likely combo.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
bizutch said:
wife on bed rest at the hospital firing off twins and you in a bell tower with a scope firing off rounds isn't a likely combo.
She won't be here too much longer, and they will always be poachers trying to do their thing.

It's been a week since we "checked in" to the hospital and it appears that we'll be here another week. The Dr's are giving an expected "retrieval" date of the 26th. But she isn't going anywhere, pretty much sucks for the both of us, but really sucks for her, she has been on bedrest since Jan 4th! (SORRY FOR HI-JACKING THE THREAD)

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Having a sniper on retainer makes a hell of a lot more sense then a lawyer on retainer. You'd actually get results for your money.

How is the weekend of May 4 - 7 looking? Words going around about a trip from this end out that way.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Tattooo said:
Having a sniper on retainer makes a hell of a lot more sense then a lawyer on retainer. You'd actually get results for your money.

How is the weekend of May 4 - 7 looking? Words going around about a trip from this end out that way.
we'll be there.

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
I'm in on that trip.

I'll be the one riding this into odd poses off into the bushes.

I don't think any of the guys going on the trip will be up for a night of drinking, so I may have to invade some of those confederate bars with you local guys and go on a whiskey bender. ;)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
HotButterToppin said:
I'm in on that trip.

I'll be the one riding this into odd poses off into the bushes.

I don't think any of the guys going on the trip will be up for a night of drinking, so I may have to invade some of those confederate bars with you local guys and go on a whiskey bender. ;)
bad idea...instead...go to a college bar on campus and stare at 20 year old girls with far too little clothing on...