Quantcast

Friday: Armistice & Veterans Day GMT

I was wondering if this would come up. My money was on you to mention.

@jdcamb was another strong contender, or @johnbryanpeters

But I guess they're both too old by now.
I'm more interested at this point in various music that I missed on the way by. Cohen was interesting at some level, but inasmuch as I know, is not included in my current music library. I'm more interested in Sonic Youth, MIA, Primus, James McMurtrey, Cartel de Santa, Black Flag, the whole range of nueva canción, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Edit: Oh, yeah, Red Fang.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
This is a new track and pretty interesting. I want to do a cover of it.

His older stuff is pretty hard to get behind. I can't believe Hallelujah has been covered by so many artists.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I and my wife perform classical music. The 18th and 19th centuries are how we roll.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I'm more interested at this point in various music that I missed on the way by. Cohen was interesting at some level, but inasmuch as I know, is not included in my current music library. I'm more interested in Sonic Youth, MIA, Primus, James McMurtrey, Cartel de Santa, Black Flag, the whole range of nueva canción, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Edit: Oh, yeah, Red Fang.
No screamo?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
As a followup. At 6pm I was geting a woman in a wheelchair from my vehicle to her front door. We were in the Iron Triangle section of Richmond CA. Gangland central, she lives in the projects. Around the corner someone fired off 18 shots from what sounded like a 9mm. I got her inside, closed up the van and got the hell out of there. I was very happy to have been wearing my body armor at the time

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
@johnbryanpeters - hrmph. late 80s artsy alt rock is one thing...but if the era of alt-populist conservatism is indeed back, then it's the new york hardcore of that period you should be looking into - one can only hope something like it will re-emerge in times like these.

@johnbryanpeters - hrmph. late 80s artsy alt rock is one thing...but if the era of alt-populist conservatism is indeed back, then it's the new york hardcore of that period you should be looking into - one can only hope something like it will re-emerge in times like these.
The library includes Black Flag, The Minutemen, Hüsker Dü, and Dead Kennedys, so I suspect I'm semi-covered. If you have particular suggestions, I'm open.