Quantcast

~~ Friday Aug 15 wake up call ~~

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It appears that GREYHOUND is making a habit out of disappearing on Fridays and leaving us all hanging on the GMT. I think his punishment should be buying all us all cold tops.

Hello, monkeys. Two straight five day work weeks for me. This sucks. We've got lots of fun stuff planned for the weekend, so I'm looking forward to getting through this day.

Went for a ride last night and got two flats. :bonk: The second came about a half mile from the car, so I just walked the bike out. Two other people got flats too. That's three flats for me in the last week. Meh, at least I'm out riding.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
G'morning people,

Good 2 hr trail ride last night. It's starting to feel like fall in the air!!

For the weekend: I've got a first date tonight with a guy who's taking me out to a really nice restaurant, so that should be fun. I hope. I hope he doesn't turn out to be a certifiable whack job like the last two guys I had dates with.... :twitch:

Let's see, I think I'll subject the boy to a hiking excursion tomorrow. And then Sunday a 55 mile road ride.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
thanks IAB.

Good morning. I bailed on work early yesterday, grabbed my bike and headed to the woods. Beautiful day, perfect conditions, blah ride. Just not feeling excited lately, I really need a change of scenery.

Have a great day everybody.

Stray_cat

Monkey
Nov 13, 2007
Providence
Gonna be another coffee heavy day. Have to re-do the paint schemes on a few frames as my graphic guy botched it...definitly not my specialty. Oh well, at the very least the surf is looking good so I'm out early! Enjoy the weekend!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Taking my 5yo to his first concert tonight: Steve Earle.

He's been walking around all week singing the lyrics to Copperhead Road, which never fails to crack me up. There's nothing cuter than a kid singing about bootlegging booze, growing weed and threatening federal LEOs.

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
thanks IAB.

Good morning. I bailed on work early yesterday, grabbed my bike and headed to the woods. Beautiful day, perfect conditions, blah ride. Just not feeling excited lately, I really need a change of scenery.

Have a great day everybody.
Palos just gets old real quick.. You should move

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Morning monkies. Working today followed by a run to the dump to drop off some trash for my g-parents. Then it's off to pick up my new motorcycle. It will be a long day, but worth it.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Taking my 5yo to his first concert tonight: Steve Earle.

He's been walking around all week singing the lyrics to Copperhead Road, which never fails to crack me up. There's nothing cuter than a kid singing about bootlegging booze, growing weed and threatening federal LEOs.
where's Steve playing? i've never seen him, but my old boss was a big fan.

i shot Grizzly Bear (w/ a 5D) again last night @ the MFA. they looked a bit more comfortable in a smaller venue as compared to the Comcast Center.

heading down to the Cape today for a 4 day weekend. :cheers:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
where's Steve playing? i've never seen him, but my old boss was a big fan.

heading down to the Cape today for a 4 day weekend. :cheers:
He's playing in Newburyport @ the HS auditorium. He's playing with his wife and I don't have his latest album so I don't know what to expect given the tame venue. Been to some great SE shows in the past but would've probably passed on this one had my son not seen the poster and pleaded with me.

We're also headed to the cape this weekend (sun-wed) but it looks like I need to come back up monday afternoon to sign off a couple of big jobs that the weather tied up. :rant:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Today is going to be good. I can feel it in my bones.

I had yoga yesterday evening and I finally stuck the half moon that I have been struggling with for weeks. I got some in this morning (on my new awesome sticky mat).

I feel like I am floating.

I think we'll have a beach day this weekend. Got to soak up the last of the summer.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hello peeps - I've been away from the monkey forever. I need to do a big Ride Report on my vacation...maybe this weekend. For the last two weeks I've been recuperating from the billions of hours of riding we did. I'm now batteling deep vein thrombosis and healing some strained muscles. I've also been diagnosed with Factor 5 Leiden genetic blood disorder, and our 14 year old beagle died. :( All this in 1 week. WHEW!

TGIF

Stray_cat

Monkey
Nov 13, 2007
Providence
oh, and i reworked my Radiohead shots...i like the crop and colors on the fisheye shot better as compared to the original
I showed that pic to my friend Jeff who was at the show as well, and he really like it. Good work as always.

Last edited:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
It appears that GREYHOUND is making a habit out of disappearing on Fridays and leaving us all hanging on the GMT. I think his punishment should be buying all us all cold tops.
:cheers:

Good Morning!!

Just got back from an early morning trail ride. Had to get back by 10 as Lowes was delivering a new freezer for us. My father-in-law has a garden that is over running our current storage capacity, so we're just gonna have to freeze some stuff cause I can't give it away fast enough. I've grown really tired of zucchini.

After I get this sucker moved into place, it's over to Nice Guy Mike's to work on some DJ's for a little while. I've got a big-assed berm to build, and it's getting hot quickly.

"What's your dirt doing in my hole, Luke?!"

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA

Hello, monkeys. Two straight five day work weeks for me. This sucks. We've got lots of fun stuff planned for the weekend, so I'm looking forward to getting through this day.

Went for a ride last night and got two flats. :bonk: The second came about a half mile from the car, so I just walked the bike out. Two other people got flats too. That's three flats for me in the last week. Meh, at least I'm out riding.

I picked up a bunch of tubes from REI this past weekend for 94 cents each. Maybe they are still on sale.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
What is this? What does it mean for your health management in the future if you don't mind me asking. Sorry about your pup.
It just means that my blood clots faster than most people. As proof, I have that DVT (blood clot) in my calf right now. I had to give myself injections into my stomach twice a day for the past 9 days and now I'm just taking some blood thiner pills for a few months to try to get the clot to dissolve.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Heidi, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Sad indeed.

Raining heavily here all day today. Took the time to completely strip the 303 down for a bit of TLC after yesterday's mud riding.

Had a huge day of riding yesterday. From first lifts to closing time, me and a mate were doing constant runs all over the place. From Les Gets' new DH trails, to SuperMorzine's private (but not-so-secret now) tracks, to wide-open runs of the Pleney. We did a bit of 'bush-bashing' too to scope out areas for a new DH track. My hands are sore. I don't get arm pump, but I do get finger pump and the typical rider's calluses are a bit tender today. God I love having 27 chairlifts in my backyard!

Finished off the day at a local bar, then moved on to another. Don't remember much about the evening, but I did have a mouth like an ashtray this morning and I have a newly acquired packet of tobacco in my pocket...

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I just finished up painting, tiling, baseboard and laminate last night in our master bedroom/bathroom. I should have everything moved in by tonight and hopefully I can break in the virgin toilet with a nice dump. lol

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
my morning - waiting for the medical rental place to call. We need a walker with a platform. My hubby broke his pelvis and his clavicle riding last weekend and this device appears to be what he needs for mobility for the next 6 weeks or so.

It's supposed to crack 100 this weekend so I imagine I will be hiding in the basement trying to stay cool. Any sort of outing is out of the question this weekend.

gg